Service Charge on Booking of E-Tickets
The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) doe not levy any charges on cancellation of e-tickets on account of non-confirmation. A nominal service charge of Rs. 10/- per PNR for e-ticket issued for Sleeper & reserved Second Sitting (2S) and Rs. 20/- per PNR for e-tickets in other classes is charged. The service charge realized is used to meet Administrative cost, Maintenance cost of IT hardware and software, technical manpower costs of service providers, recurring expenditure like rent, electricity charges, internet bandwidth charges, cost for investments in capacity enhancement and also replacement of obsolete IT equipments etc.
The earnings from service charge on booking of e-tickets through IRCTC website during financial year 2011-12 was Rs. 147.57 crore. The component of safety surcharge on passenger traffic was discontinued with effect from April 1, 2007.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri K. H. Muniyappa in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Relaxation from payment of Service Charge in internet booking of Railway tickets through IRCTC
- IRCTC Tatkal booking likely to get easier
- Maximum of 6 tickets can be booked by an individual user in a month – New restriction by IRCTC
- IRCTC to launch new App for faster booking of tickets
- Indian Railways takes various initiatives to facilitate travel in this summer
- Procedure Order for Implementing Service Tax Refunds on Passenger Fare Tickets Booked and Cancelled on or after 01.10.2012
- IRCTC plans to reduce the payment transaction time about 1.5 to 2.5 minutes per ticket booking online
- Booking of Railway Tickets through Mobile Phones without internet connection
- IRCTC E-Ticket Booking : Rolling Deposit Scheme (RDA) for quick booking through internet