Introduction of Special Leave connected to inquiry of Sexual Harassment
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 29.05.2017
The General Managers and FA&CAOs
All Indian Railways & Production Units.
Sub: Introduction of Special Leave connected to inquiry of Sexual Harassment.
Consequent upon the decision taken by the Govemment, the President is pleased to decide that the following rule may be inserted in the Railway Service (Liberalised Leave) Rules, 1949 in respect of female railway employees:-
Special Leave connected to inquiry of sexual harassment – Leave upto a period of 90 days may be granted to an aggrieved female Railway Servant on the recommendation of the Internal Committee or the Local Committee, as the case may be, during the pendency of inquiry under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 and the leave granted to the aggrieved female Railway Servant under this rule shall not be debited against the leave account.
2. This rule takes effect from the date, the notification was published by the Department of Personnel and Training viz. 15th March, 2017.
3. The provisions of the Railway Service (Liberalised Leave) Rules, 1949 are contained in Chapter-5 of Indian Railway Establishment Code (IREC), Volume-I, 1985 Edition (Reprint Edition-2008). In view of this, in exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution, the president is pleased to direct that a new para 551(F) may be inserted in Chapter-5 of the Indian Railway Establishment Code, Volume – l, 1985 Edition (Reprint Edition-2008) as per enclosed Advance Correction Slip -132.
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
DA:- Correction Slip.
Related to Your Search:
- Special leave to the female staff connected to inquiry of sexual harassment
- Implementation of leave provision under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 — Reg.
- Special Leave connected to inquiry of sexual harassment: CCS (Leave) Amendment Rules, 2017
- 90 days paid leave for sexual harassment complainants at government
- Central Government Employees to get 3 months paid leave in sexual harassment case
- Paid leave for sexual harassment victims
- Employment of women and girls in Government organisations/Agencies
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment of working women at workplace – Seniority of the Chairperson of the Complaint Committee
- Amendment to Appendix V of the Indian Railway Establishment Code Vol. I, 1985 Edition (Study Leave Rules)