Integral Coach Factory(ICF) to manufacture High Speed Coaches
Integral Coach Factory (ICF) plans to produce 67 stainless steel state-of-the-art Linke Holfmann Busch (LHB) high speed coaches this year and follow it up with another 300 in 2015-16, a top company official has said.
The production unit of Indian Railways manufacturing passenger coaches had for the first time produced three variants of LHB EOG shells during 2013-14, its General Manager Ashok K Agarwal said.
ICF produced a total of 1,662 general coaches last fiscal, registering its largest production in a financial year, he said, adding that the organisation has produced more than 49,000 coaches since its inception.
Referring to the green initiatives of the unit, he said ICF has rolled out one rake of environment friendly CNG (Compressed Natural Gas), DEMU (Diesel Electric Multiple Unit).
In a significant step towards adopting green fuel, the Railway Minister had launched this ICF built CNG train by flagging off the train on the Rewari-Rohtak section of Northern Railway on January 14 this year, he added.
Source: Economics Times
Related to Your Search:
- Air Conditioned Coach developed for DEMU Train
- Ration Money Allowance during leave other than LAP
- Railway staff seek constitution of Seventh Pay Commission
- Drive against absentee workmen in Railways
- Provision of seats for TTEs/Conductors
- NFIR – PASSENGER TRAIN OPERATIONS BY PRIVATE PARTIES
- Railway Budget to focus on passenger amenities
- Facilities By Indian Railways For Disabled Persons
- Transfer of the erstwhile Group D Staff, from Non-Incentive Section to Incentive Section, within the Production Unit / Workshop