Purchase of laptops/notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers -Clarification regarding admissibility of Taxes/GST on the price ceiling
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 22nd October, 2018
Subject : Instructions for the purchase of laptops/notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers – Clarification regarding admissibility of Taxes/GST on the price ceiling.
The undersigned is directed to inform that references have been received in this Department seeking clarification regarding admissibility of Taxes/GST on the prescribed price ceiling of Rs. 80,000 as mentioned in Para 2(i) this Department’s O.M. No 08(34)/2017-E.II(A) dated 20th February, 2018 on the above subject.
2. The matter has been considered in this Department. Since taxes are statutory in nature and are bound to change from time to time, it is clarified that the price ceiling of Rs. 80,000/- for the purchase of laptops/ notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers under the provisions of this Ministry’s OM dtd. 20th February 2018 is exclusive of taxes.
3. This is issued with the approval of Secretary (Expenditure).
Related to Your Search:
- Instructions for the purchase of laptops, notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers revised guideline
- DoE: Instructions for the purchase of laptops, notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers revised guideline
- Clarification on admissibility of Transport Allowance in the eases where the officers are drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10,000/- in PB-4
- 7th CPC – Grant of House Building/Marriage/Vehicle/Computer Advance to Haryana Government Employees
- Reimbursement of Taxes/GST on the prescribed entitlement of Hotel accommodation/Guest House to Central Government employees
- 7th CPC: Clarification on admissibility of Charge Allowance in Indian Railways
- Clarification regarding admissibility of flexi-fare in Shatabdi/Rajdhani/Duronto trains while availing LTC
- Revised Monetary ceiling of briefcase/ladies purses for official purposes: Dept of Posts
- Application Format for Grant of Special Sanction for purchase of CAR through CSD