Indian Railways will conduct the largest recruitment drive for the Para-Medical Staff
Ministry of Railways
Largest Recruitment Drive for the Para-Medical Staff by Indian Railways
Computer Based Test for Recruitment to 1923 Posts of Para-Medical Categories will start from 19th July, 2019
Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections will be available to Eligible Candidates
More than 4.39 Lakh Candidates will appear for the Test
Female candidates constitute 62 per cent of the total candidates
More than 50 % Candidates will be appearing for the post of Staff Nurse
The Test will be held in 345 Test Centres in 107 towns / cities across the country
18 JUL 2019
Indian Railways will conduct the largest recruitment drive for the Para-Medical categories. The Computer Based Test (CBT) for recruitment to 1923 posts of Para-Medical categories will commence from 19.07.2019. The test will be conducted over three days from 19.07.2019 to 21.07.2019 and on each day there will be three shifts. In this recruitment drive, more than 4.39 lakh candidates will be taking the test which will be held in 345 test Centres in 107 towns/cities across the country.
This is first recruitment by Indian Railways in which reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) will be available to eligible candidates. Against 10 per cent of the total vacancies earmarked for EWS candidates, 4654 EWS candidates will be appearing in the Tests.
The Computer Based Test will be of 90 minutes duration with 30 minutes extra for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBDs). The tests will comprise questions from Professional Stream, General Awareness, General Arithmetic, General Intelligence & Reasoning and General Science. There will be multiple choice objective questions.
The questions of the test will be available in 15 different languages, including English and Hindi. The candidates can view the question in English and the language the candidate has opted as the medium of test.
The largest number of candidates applied for this recruitment is from Uttar Pradesh (64,596) followed by Rajasthan (62,772), Maharashtra (38,097), Kerala (35,496).
The noticeable feature of this recruitment is that female candidates out number male candidates, the female candidates constitute 62 per cent of the total candidates. Besides, there are also 28 number of Transgender (TG) candidates in the fray.
The selected candidates will be appointed, inter alia, to the post of Staff Nurse, Dietician, Health & Malaria Inspector, Pharmacist, Optometrist, and Radiographer. More than 50 % candidates will be appearing for the post of Staff Nurse.
Related to Your Search:
- Ministry of Railways Announces one of the World’s Largest Recruitment Drive
- Recruitment of staff in Level – 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix on Indian Railways – Criteria for Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Filling up of posts in Para-medical categories in Group ‘C’ on contract basis in Railways
- Railways massive recruitment drive to fill up its vacancies in various categories
- Massive recruitment drive launched to fill more than 76,500 vacancies in CAPFs
- Criteria for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) regarding – Railway Board orders
- 1536 Assistant vacancies in New India Assurance – Recruitment 2014 of 1536 Assistant Posts 2014 – Last Date 10-11-2014
- New Systems of Recruitment in Railways
- Procedure for recruitment of staff in Grade Pay 1800/- on Indian Railways