Ministry of Railways
Indian Railways conceives to deploy “Drone” cameras in all its Zones/Divisions to enhance safety and efficiency in train operations.
It will help in various activities especially project monitoring and maintenance of tracks and other railway infrastructure.
West Central Railways has become the first Zonal Railway to procure “Drone” cameras in Indian Railways.
Indian Railways has decided to deploy “Drone” cameras (UAV/NETRA) for various railway activities especially project monitoring and maintenance of tracks and other railway infrastructure. It has been given directions to Zonal Railways to procure such cameras. This is in-line with Railways’ desire to use technology to enhance safety and efficiency in train operations.
“Drone” cameras shall be deployed to undertake monitoring activities of relief and rescue operation, project monitoring, progress of important works, conditions of track and inspection related activities. It shall also be used to assess preparedness of Non-Interlocking (NI) works, crowd management during fairs and melas, to identify scrap and also for aerial survey of station yards. It is going to be instrumental in providing real time inputs related to safety and maintenance of tracks and other railway infrastructure.
Under this initiative, West Central Railways with headquarter at Jabalpur (M.P) has become the first Zonal Railway to procure “Drone” cameras in Indian Railways. West Central Railways has already done a trial-run of those cameras last week on its all the three divisions in the following locations.
Jabalpur Division – Narmada Bridge near Bhitoni
Bhopal Division – (i) Nishatpura Yard; (ii) Third Line work between HBJ – Misrod.
Kota Division – (i) Chambal Bridge near Kota; (ii) Dakania Talav Yard near Kota.
WCR further plans to use Drone for project monitoring in 3rd line work of Bina-Katni, Doubling work in Katni-Singrouli, Important Bridge inspections and Mansoon preparedness in deep cutting portions of Ghat Sections of Bhopal and Jabalpur Divisions. Earlier, demonstration of “Drone” camera was done for project monitoring of Railway Electrification work of Jabalpur Yard.
Related to Your Search:
- Indian Railways introduces Drone based surveillance system for Railway Security
- Safety and Security of Women Passengers in Railways
- Cabinet approves Mau-Tarighat New Railway line project
- Employment News : Railways offers various categories of Technician posts under Group ‘D’ and ‘C’
- Incentives in case of posting to USBRL project and to the difficult projects (National) in N.F.Railway on retention of quarter: Railway Board Order
- Safety of Women Passengers in Railways
- NFIR – Creation of the posts of Driver-cum- Technician in the Track Machine organization on Indian Railways
- Deplorable condition of Railway Quarters on Indian Railways etc
- NFIR: Risk and Hardship Allowance – Railway Department