Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology
10-June-2016 14:41 IST
India Post launches logo and tagline design contest for IPPB on MyGov
The Department of Posts on 10.6.16 launched a logo and tagline design contest for the soon to be set up India Post Payments Bank on the MyGov website. The Cabinet has on 1st June 2016, given its nod to the setting up of the IPPB under the Department of Posts to further financial inclusion in the country.
Department of Post wants to connect with and involve the people of India in designing the DNA of the India Post Payments Bank. One of the guiding principles of the India Post Payments Bank would be cocreating value propositions and products with its customers and other stakeholders. The present contest is the first step towards this ongoing engagement. It has also initiated a nationwide survey to understand the needs of different segments of customers.
Reward: The contest is open to all Indian citizens, institutions, agencies and entities for a period of one month, until 9th July 2016. The best entry will be awarded Rs 50,000/. A panel of eminent designers/ experts will help shortlist 20 best entries which will thereafter be put up for voting on the MyGov platform for the final selection of the winner.
About the India Post Payments Bank
The India Post Payments Bank will offer digitally enabled payments, banking and remittance services of all kinds between entities and individuals and also provide access to insurance, mutual funds, pension and credit products in partnership with third party financial service providers and Banks. It is poised to emerge as the main vehicle of financial inclusion in the country by bringing the physical reach of 1.55 lakh post offices and a modern payments platform powered by ubiquitous information and communication technologies together to create a national payments architecture that can be accessed by all users like never before. The stakeholders of the India Post Payments Bank within the Government and outside are looking at this new entity as a catalyst to social and financial inclusion. The roll out of the IPPB is to be completed by September 2017.
Related to Your Search:
- DoP starts logo contest for payments bank with Rs 50k prize
- PM to launch India Post Payments Bank on Saturday, 1st September
- Cabinet approves Revised Cost Estimate for setting up of India Post Payments Bank
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) to enable Digital Payments in Post Offices by April 2018
- India Post Payments Bank will be a game changer for financial inclusion – Manoj Sinha
- FAQs on deputation of DoP staff to India Post Payments Bank (IPPB)
- PM launches India Post Payments Bank – a major initiative towards financial inclusion
- More than 2 dozen companies want collaboration with India Post Payments Bank-Manoj Sinha
- India Post Payment Bank – Release of Incentive amounts for the L0, L1 and L2 from 18th August, 2018 till 30th April, 2019.