Increasing Promotion Quota percentages to the posts of Technician III in Diesel/Electric Loco/EMU Sheds on Indian Railways
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
No. II/2/Part VII
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Increasing Promotion Quota percentages to the posts of Technician III in Diesel/Electric Loco/EMU Sheds on Indian Railways -reg.
Ref: i) NFIR’s PNM item No. 5/2014.
ii) Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-2014/PM7/1 dated 18/12/2015.
iii) NFIR’s letter No. II/2/Part VII dated 28/12/2015.
iv) Corrigendum issued by Railway Board vide letter No. E(NG)I-2014/PM7/1 dated 14/0112016 (ACS No. 231) IREM Vol-I (First Re-print Edition 2009).
v) NFIR’s letter No. II/2/Part VII dated 20/01/2016 & 18/04/2016.
Kind attention is invited to NFIR’s PNM Item No. 5/2014 and Federation’s letter dated 18/04/2016 addressed to Railway Board, copy endorsed to AM (Staff) etc.
The General Secretary, NFIR met MM on 27th July 2016 and explained the case in detail and the necessity to grant revised percentage ratio of DR, LDCE and Promotion Quota at 25%, 25% & 50% respectively for providing relief to the helpers working in Diesel/Electric Loco/EMU Sheds in the Railways as their entry qualification is Matriculation or Matriculation + ITI or Apprenticeship. After discussions, the MM suggested that the concerned Directorate may put up the file to him for decision.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Board (EDE/N) to put up the case to MM duly highlighting. the points brought out by NFIR in its agenda to facilitate the Board (MM) to grant parity in promotion opportunities to the helpers of Diesel/Electric Loco Sheds/EMU Car Sheds etc., considering the fact that in almost all other Technical Departments the promotion quota is 50%from helper to Technician Gr.III.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Source : NFIR
Related to Your Search:
- Increasing promotion quota percentage for Technician-III posts in Diesel/ Electric Loco/ EMU Sheds in Indian Railways
- Denial of option for pay fixation in the 7th CPC Pay Matrix to the staff inducted from the post of Diesel/Electric Loco Technician to the post of Assistant Loco Pilot against 50% quota vacancies-review requested
- Change of Uniform code for Diesel Loco Shed Staff and payment of Washing Allowance – NFIR
- Provision of GP 42001- in PB-2/Level 6 of 7th CPC to the Dressers/OT Assistants working in Railway Hospitals/Health Units
- Clarification regarding educational qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (Diesel/Electric)
- Harmonization of the cadre structure of Medical Laboratory Staff of Indian Railways with those in Central Government Hospitals
- Exemption from passing the Typewriting Test – DoP&T instructions not implemented in Railways
- Railway Minister gives assurance to settle the pending issues of Railway employees
- Pay element in the case of Loco Inspectors – 30% addition to 7th CPC pay matrix for retirement benefits