INCREASE IN RESERVATION QUOTA
Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Shri.Balram Naik submitted as written reply to the questions regarding reservation quota in Lok Sabha on 10th December 2012 as follows…
As per Census, 2001, the proportion of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in the country`s population is 16.2% and 8.2% respectively.
As per the information provided by the Department of Personnel and Training, the Hon`ble Supreme Court in the matter of Indra Sawhney Vs. Union of India observed that it is not possible to accept the theory of proportionate representation, though the proportion of population of Backward Classes to the total population would certainly be relevant and held that the power conferred by clause (4) of article 16 should be exercised in a fair manner and within reasonable limits so that reservation does not exceed 50%.
Related to Your Search:
- Enhancement of Reservation for SCs & STs – Rajya Sabha Q&A
- Direct Recruitment to Group C – Reservation Fixed on the basis of Population
- No proposal for giving reservation in Government jobs in the ratio of population
- Reservation for Scheduled Castes
- Reservation in promotions for SC/ST employees in government services
- RESERVATION TO ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASSES
- Dopt Orders – Brochure on reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes in services
- Reservation for SCs and STs in Allotment of Shops/Stalls at Railway Stations
- Reservation of Group D posts for Youths in Central Government Organisation