Defence circular on increase of bonus to guards based on the Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Bill, 2015
ADVISORY ON BONUS
The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Bill, 2015 notified : Increase in the Eligibility Limit under clause (13) of Section 2 and Calculation Ceiling under Section 12 of the Payment of Bonus Act 2015
1. The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Bill, 2015 was passed by the Parliament in the just concluded Winter Session of the Parliament. The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Act, 2015 has been published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary on 1st January, 2016 as Act No.6 of 2016. The provisions of the Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Act, 2015 shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of April, 2014.
2. The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Act, 2015 envisages enhancement of eligibility limit under section 2(13) from Rs.10,000/- per month of Rs. 21,000/- per month and Calculation Ceiling under section 12 from Rs.3500 to Rs.7,000 or the minimum wage for the scheduled employment, as fixed by the appropriate Government, whichever is higher. The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Act, 2015 also mandates previous publication of draft subordinate legislations, framed under the enabling provisions under the said Act, in the Official Gazette for inviting objections and suggestions before their final notification.
3. The Government has been receiving representations from trade unions for removal of all ceilings under the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965. It is also one of the demands made by them during the country-wide General Strike held in February, 2013 and September, 2015. As the last revision in these two ceilings were made in the year 2007 and was made effective from the 1st April, 2006, it was decided the Government to make appropriate amendments to the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965.
4. These changes in the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 will be benefit thousands of work force.
Principal Director (Employment)
Dte Gen Resettlement
Ministry of Defence
New Delhi – 110066
File : 2112/SA/Bonus/Emp
Date : 24 Feb 16,
Place : New Delhi
Related to Your Search:
- Increase in Bonus Eligibility and ceiling – Advisory Note by Defence
- Changes in the Payment of Bonus Act will benefit thousands of Central Government employees
- Government approves hike in bonus ceiling from Rs. 3500 to Rs 7000
- Bonus calculation ceiling revised from April 2014 – Arrears of bonus likely!
- Lok Sabha passes bill to hike bonus
- AIRF has demanded Payment of Arrear of Productivity Linked Bonus paid to Railwaymen
- Central Government is considering to increase the eligibility limit of bonus from 10000 to 21000
- Revision of Ceiling for payment of Bonus in the Bonus Act 1965: AIRF writes to Hon’ble Minister for Railways
- NC JCM Secretary writes to PM regarding the revision of ceiling of Bonus