Income Tax benefits In Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA)
(i) Sukanya Samriddhi Account has been specified under clause (viii) of Sub Section (2) of Section 80(C) of Income Tax Act 1961 and deposits under these accounts enjoy benefit of this Income Tax Section up to the overall maximum limit of Rs. One lakh Fifty Thousand (1,50,000).
(ii) By Finance Act 2015, a new clause (11A) has been inserted under Section 10 of Income Tax Act 1961 under which any amount withdrawn from Sukanya Samriddhi
Account will not be included in the total income of a previous year of a person for the purpose of calculation of Income Tax.
(iii) By Finance Act 2015, a new clause (ba) has been inserted under clause (viii) of sub-section 4 of Section SOC of Income Tax Act 1961 under which a Legal Guardian can claim Income Tax benefit for the amount deposited by him or his/her girl child under the Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
NOTIFICATION NO. 09/2015
Dated – 21st January, 2015
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (viii) of sub-section (2) of section (2) of section 80C of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby specifies the ‘Sukanya Samriddhi Account‘ for the purposes of the said clause.
This notification shall come into force with effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
Related to Your Search:
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account – RBI’s Instructions for Banks
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Vs Public Provident Fund: 10 Things to Know
- Income Tax Rates AY 2019-2020 – Income Tax Circular 2019
- Rates of Income-Tax for the financial year 2017-18
- INCOME-TAX DEDUCTION FROM SALARIES DURING THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2016-17 UNDER SECTION 192 OF THE INCOME-TAX ACT, 1961
- Income Tax benefits for NPS
- Central Government notifies Exemption from Quoting Aadhaar / Enrolment ID to certain individuals
- TDS deduction under section 194A of the Income-tax Act, 1961 in case of Senior Citizens
- Chargeability of Interest on self-assessment tax paid before the due date of filing of return of income