Ministry of Railways
Incentives for Railway athletes over and above existing policy
Liberalized promotion policy to act as an incentive for the promotion of sports
28 JULY 2021
To boost up the morale of Railway Sportspersons, Ministry of Railways has announced a basket of incentives for the Railway athletes viz. their promotions, increments & Special Cash awards over and above existing policy as per following details:
For medal winning Athletes :
Gold Medal : Rs.3 Crore;
Silver Medal : Rs.2 Crore;
Bronze Medal : Rs.1 Crore.
Up to 8th Participants : Rs.35 Lakh;
Participants : Rs.7.5 Lakh;
Coach of Gold medalist athlete : Rs.25 Lakh;
Coach of Silver medalist athlete : Rs.20 Lakh;
Coach of Bronze Medalist athlete : Rs.15 Lakh;
Other coaches of Participant athletes: Rs.7.5 Lakh.
This liberalized promotion policy will act as an incentive to the country’s elite sportspersons/coaches and reaffirms Railways commitment to the promotion of sports in the country.
Indian Railways is one of the biggest contributing organisation in the Tokyo Olympic Games with approx 20% of the total athletes, 25 athletes and 5 Coaches and 1 Physio from Railway Sports Promotion Board are representing Indian contingent in Tokyo Olympic Games being held from 23rd July to 8th August, 2021. In fact, almost the entire Indian women hockey team comprises of Railway players.
Related to Your Search:
- Incentives to Sports persons
- Cash incentive to sportspersons
- Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons
- Promotion of sports among disabled persons
- ESIC recruits 135 sports persons from different field of sports
- Rate of Pension to Sports Persons under “Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sports persons”
- Details of Scheme for Out of Turn Promotion for Sportspersons Announced
- Out-of-Turn Promotions (OTP) to outstanding Sportspersons on sports accounts for representing India in Olympic games
- Medal Winners of RIO Olympics/Paralympics 2016 receive cash award from Sports Minister Vijay Goel