Kendriya Vidyalays Admission Quota
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF SCHOOL EDUCATION & LITERACY
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 2187
TO BE ANSWERED ON 08.03.2021
ADMISSION QUOTA IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS
2187. SHRIMATI SUNITA DUGGAL:
Will the Minister of EDUCATION be pleased to state:
(a) the list of Kendriya Vidyalayas in the country, State-wise;
(b) the details of the various quota available for the candidates to take admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas;
(c) the time by which KVS, Badopal (Haryana) is likely to shift into its new building as it is running in Government primary school building since its inception;
(d) whether the Government has received any proposal from the State Government of Haryana for the opening of a new KV and if so, the details thereof?
MINISTER OF EDUCATION (SHRI RAMESH POKHRIYAL ‘NISHANK’)
(a) As present, 1242 Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) are functioning in the country. State/UT wise details are annexed.
(b) As per the norms, 15% for SCs, 7.5% for STs and 27% for OBCs quotas are available in admission in class-I. 3% horizontal reservation quota has also been provided to differently abled candidates. As per Right to Education Act Provisions, initially 25% of available seats in class-I are filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ ST / EWS/ BPL/ OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) who are the resident of Neighborhood / Differently abled taken together.
(c) Construction of permanent buildings for KVs is a continuous process, which depends upon identification of suitable land, completion of lease formalities in favour of KVS by the sponsoring authorities, submission of drawings / estimates by construction agency, availability of funds and requisite approvals etc. As such, no definite time frame can be given in this regard.
(d) KVS has informed that no proposal in the prescribed proforma has been received from the State Government of Haryana for the opening of new KVs.
STATE/UT WISE NUMBER OF 1242 KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS (As on 01.03.2021)
|Sr.||Name of State/ UT||Total|
|1||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||02|
|8||D & N Haveli||01|
|9||Daman & Diu||01|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||36|
Related to Your Search:
- Admission of Poor Students in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Only government employees in Kendriya Vidyalayas are eligible to apply for admission?
- In all Kendriya Vidyalayas, a request has been made to extend the date of admission for class 1 and other classes (Session 2021-22).
- Opening of 2 new Kendriya Vidyalayas, in the state of Karnataka and Punjab
- MPs Quota for Admission in KVs
- KV School Admission(2018-19) starts from 1.3.2018
- New Scheme for Special Dispensation Admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- MPs Quota for Admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- KVs and JNVs in all districts and subdivisions