Implementation of the Recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission- Revision in the rates of Cycle Maintenance Allowance
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 14th July, 2017
Subject :- Implementation of the Recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission- Revision in the rates of Cycle (maintenance) Allowance.
Consequent upon the acceptance of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission and in supersession of this Department O.M.No. F. 11(18)-E.lV(B)/62 dated 31st August, 1962 including all its amendments thereafter and OM. No.19039/3/2008-Elv dated 29th August, 2008, the President is pleased to revise the rates of Cycle (maintenance) Allowance from Rs. 90/- per month to Rs. 180/- per month subject to the provisions of SR-25.
2. The admissibility of Cycle (maintenance) Allowance will be subject to the following conditions:-
(A) The official concerned maintains and uses his own cycle for official journeys.
(B) Travelling Allowance (i.e., daily and mileage allowance) to a Government servant in receipt of Cycle (maintenance) Allowance under these orders will be regulated as under:-
(i) For Journeys within a radius of 8 kilometres from the usual place of duty. – No T.A.
(ii) For journeys beyond a radius of 8 Kilometres but not exceeding 16 Kilometres from the place of duty:-
(a) If the destination point falls within the local jurisdiction.- No T.A.
(b) If the destination point falls outside the local jurisdiction. – T.A. admissible under normal rules, provided the journey is performed other- wise than on a cycle.
(iii) For journeys beyond a radius of 16 kilometres from the usual place of duty – T.A. admissible under the normal rules.
(C) The allowance will not be admissible for the calendar month(s) wholly covered by leave, training or temporary transfer.
(D) For any period of more than one month at a time during which a Government servant in receipt of Cycle (maintenance) Allowance does not maintain a cycle or the cycle maintained by him remains out of order or is not used for official journeys for any other reason, the Cycle (maintenance) Allowance will not be admissible.
3. The Cycle (maintenance) Allowance under these orders shall be granted by the sanctioning authority for a period not exceeding two years at a time and its continuance shall be reviewed sufficiently in advance of the expiry of such period. The sanctioning authority may, for this purpose, specify whenever necessary the local jurisdiction of a Government servant at the time of sanctioning the allowance. They should also make a review of the posts under their control and decide the posts for which the Cycle (maintenance) Allowance should be sanctioned. The Allowance may be sanctioned with reference to the posts and not to the individual incumbents.
4. These orders will be effective from July 01, 2017.
5. In so far as the staff serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Source PDF: Download from Finmin Website Click here
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of the rates of Cycle Maintenance Allowance: Implementation of Seventh Central Pay Commission’s recommendations
- Revision of Cycle Maintenance Allowance of GDS Mail Carrier/Mail Deliverer
- Clarification regarding Travelling allowance (TA) rules after the implementation of 7th CPC
- Postal Orders 2013 – Grant of Split Duty Allowance to Group C & D (now MTS) employees of Department of Posts
- Grant of Cycle Maintenance Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevas (ABPM/Dak Sevaks) – Department of Posts
- Admissibility of Daily Allowance to Staff Car Drivers: Railway Board Order
- 7th CPC : Travel entitlements of Government employees for the purpose of LTC
- 7th Pay Commission Mileage Allowance for journey by Road where specific rates prescribed – 7th CPC Military Brochure
- Revised admissibility to travel by Taxi / reimbursement of Taxi hire charges for using one’s own car for local official journeys at or near Headquarters