Issuing of Identity cards to GDS
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi -110001
Dated: 17th October, 2018
Sub: Implementation of recommendations of One-Man Committee on issue of Identity cards to the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS).
The undersigned is directed to convey the approval of the Competent Authority on recommendations of One-Man Committee on issue of Identity Cards to the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
2. Keeping in view the above, it has been decided to issue consolidated instructions in suppression of all earlier OMs on the subject of issue of Identity cards to the Gramin Dak Sevaks as under
(i) Identity cards will be issued free of cost to all Gramin Dak Sevaks, who are engaged after due engagement formalities as prescribed in GDS Engagement Rules, as per attached format.
(ii) The size of the Identity card will be standard size as issued by the Department/Government.
(iii) The Divisional Head will be the competent authority for issuing of Identity cards
(iv) An application will be submitted to the Divisional Head on a simple paper along with two passport size photographs for the purpose of issue of Identity cards by the Branch Postmasters/Assistant Branch Postmasters/Dak Sevaks through/duly recommended by Sub Divisional Heads. In case of Dak Sevaks serving in the Head post Offices/MDG the application will be submitted through/duly recommended by the Sr. Postmaster/Postmaster respectively.
(v) A separate register is to be maintained at Divisional Office for issue of Identity cards to GDSs. Records for returned identity cards invariably be maintained at Divisional Office and these returned identity cards will be destroyed in due course under the supervision of Divisional Head.
(vi) A duplicate card can be issued to GDSs, if the card is. lost/stolen/invisible due to carelessness of GDSs by taking a fee of 50/-.
(vii) At the time of Promotion/Discharge/Removal/Dismissal/Death/Transfer (to another Sub Division/Division) of GDSs, card will be returned/surrendered.
(viii) While issuing of identity cards to the GDS, the unique employee identity numbers assigned in CSI will mandatorily be mentioned on the identity cards.
(ix) No identity card shall be issued to substitute engaged on leave vacancy.
3. These above instructions will come into effect from the date of issue of this O.M.
4. Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Related to Your Search:
- Issue of Identity Cards to Central Government pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders on 12.8.2015
- Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
- Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDS) in the Department of Posts
- Pensioners Portal Orders – Clarification on issue of Identity Cards to Central Government Pensioners
- Policy regarding uniformity in the Medical Identity Cards issued to employees and other beneficiaries on Indian Railways.
- NFIR: Issue of Pensioners Identity Card to pensioners
- National Emblem on the Identity Card of pensioners
- Issue of Individual CGHS Plastic Cards to all beneficiaries
- Female GDS Employees – Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks in the Department of Posts