7th CPC – Payment of Dress Allowance to Railway employees at Rs.10000/- per annum
No. III/DR/2/Part IV
Dated : 05/09/2017
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Implementation of recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission – payment of Dress Allowance to Railway employees at Rs.10000/- per annum-reg.
Federation invites kind attention of Railway Board to para 8.16.14 of the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission, according to which, the Track Maintainers, Running Staff Car Drivers, Points Man, Technicians in Workshops etc., on Indian Railways who are supplied uniform and are required to wear dress regularly have been recommended to be paid Rs. 5000/- per year as Dress Allowance (including shoes).
Vide foot note to the above recommendation, the 7th CPC has also recommended that the Ministries/Departments may take a decision on “whether the rates should be Rs. 5000/- per year or Rs. 10,000/- per year“. This recommendation has been accepted by the Government.
In this connection, NFIR points out that the Dress Allowance amount of Rs.5000/- per annum is very much inadequate to take care of the annual requirement of the staff in Railways, particularly due to the reason that staff of Railway categories’ are required to wear the uniform regularly while on duty as per extant rules.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to consider payment of Dress Allowance at Rs.10,000/- per annum to the Track Maintainers, Running Staff, Ticket Checking Staff, Pointsmen, Technicians etc., and accordingly issue instructions to GMs etc.,
A copy of the instructions issued may be endorsed to the Federation.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Source: NFIR Download PDF
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Dress allowance to eligible Railway Officers, PBOR of RPF, Station Masters and Others
- 7th CPC – Dress Allowance for eligible Railway Employees: Railway Board Order
- 7th CPC Dress Allowance – DoPT Orders on 31.8.2017
- Implementation of 7th Central Pay Commission Recommendations of Dress Allowance – regarding wearing of Uniform
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in Constructions Organization
- Recommendations of 7th CPC – Payment of Risk & Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in construction s organization
- 7th Pay Commission – Government Hikes Dress Allowance for Diplomats, SPG Officers
- Change of Uniform code for Diesel Loco Shed Staff and payment of Washing Allowance – NFIR
- 7th pay commission dress allowance for CGHS employees