Implementation of OROP
Budgetary provision of Rs.12,456.66 crores is made in the Financial Year 2016-17 for implementation of OROP (Rs. 4,967.96 crores towards payment of two instalments of OROP arrears and Rs. 7,488.70 crores towards annual recurring expenditure for the revised pension at current rates). So far 18,90,635 out of 20,68,292 Ex-servicemen / family pensioners have been paid Rs.3,819.33 crores as arrears / revised pension under OROP Scheme.
A Judicial Committee on OROP headed by Justice L. Narasimha Reddy, Retired Chief Justice of Patna High Court has been appointed vide notification dated 14.12.2015 to look into anomalies, if any, arising out of implementation of OROP. The Committee will submit its report within one year of its constitution.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri MP Veerendra Kumar and others in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- OROP Anomalies – One member Judicial Committee will submit its report in six months
- Justice Reddy committee on OROP submits report
- Anomalies in OROP : Judicial Committee will submit its report by Dec 2016
- One Rank One Pension – More delay in OROP – Government Gives Six Month Extension to Panel
- Expedition Process of OROP
- More delay in OROP, as government gives 6 month extension to panel
- Loksabha – One Rank One Pension (OROP)
- Status Report on implementation of OROP benefits as on April 30,2017
- One Rank One Pension (OROP)