Implementation of LARSGESS – Coverage of scheme to Track Maintainers working in GP Rs 1900/- Letter to the Secretary(E) RB/NDLS
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3,CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Worker’s Federation (ITF)
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Implementation of LARSGESS -coverage of Scheme to Track Maintainers working in GP Rs 1900 reg
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. 2010/CE-1(spl)GNS/15(Pt) dated 17/08/2012.
NFIR wishes to invite attention of Railway Board to the instructions issued vide letter dated 17/08/2012, quoted under reference, wherein while reorganising staffing pattern of Trackmen, (now known as Track Maintainers) distribution of posts in different Grades pay with the prescribed percentages has been laid down. The Railway Board, in the said letter, fixing percentage, has earmarked as many as 20% of the strength of Track Maintainers in Grade Pay Rs 1900/- (in Grade III). However, the Railway Board has not issued orders for covering those in GP Rs. 1900/- under LARSGESS, facilitating retirement on completion of 20 years of service. Due to this, the Track Maintainers with Grade Pay Rs. 1800/- are declining promotions.
2. In this connection, NFIR wishes to point out that there is no change in the nature of duties of Track Maintainer GR III as they perform same duties of Track Maintainers Gr IV and hence the provisions applicable for Gr Pay Rs 1800/- should be extended to Gr Pay Rs 1900/- also.
Federation, therefore, urges upon the Railway Board to issue suitable
instructions duly extending benefit of LARSGESS to Track Maintainers Gr III (GP Rs 1900/-) to save staff from hardship, duly endorsing copy thereof to NFIR.
Related to Your Search:
- Recommendations of 7th CPC – Payment of Risk & Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in construction s organization
- Payment to the Track Maintainers deputed for night patrolling duties for purchase of dry cell
- Railways: Norms/Procedure for future Promotion in the Unified Cadre of Track Maintainers
- Implementation of LARSGESS amongst Railway emproyees in Gp Rs 1800/-
- Career Progression of Track Maintainers in Railways – full implementation of the report of Joint Committee
- Railways agrees to union’s demands
- NFIR letter to Railway Board Regarding LARSGESS
- Implementation of recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission – payment of Dress Allowance to Railway employees at Rs.10000/- per annum
- Induction of Female employees in Railway and other Central Government Departments.