Supreme Court Order in respect of grant of Special Pension – DESW Order dt. 22.10.2018
Implementation of Honourable Supreme Court Order dated 27.09.2018 in respect of grant of Special Pension under Regulation 95 of Navy (Pension) Regulations, 1964. Dated 22.10.2018.
Government of India
Ministry of India
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Sena Bhawan, New Dehi
The Chief the Naval Staff
Subject: Implementation of Hon’ble Supreme Court Order dated 27.09.2018 in Contempt No.1860/2017 and 924/2018 and MA No. 1067/2018 in Civil Appeal No.2147/2011 with Contempt Petition (C) No.04/2018 in SLP(C) No.19790/2010 for grant of Special Pension under Regulation 95 of Navy (Pension) Regulations, 1964.
I am directed to refer the cited Hon’ble Supreme Court Order dated 27.09.2018 and convey sanction of the Competent Authority for grant of Special Pension under Regulation 95 of Navy (Pension) Regulations, 1964 to the ex-sailors appointed prior to 03.07.1976 and discharged on or after 03.07.1976 on expiry of 10 years of service.
2. The amount of pension payable is Rs.9000 (Rupees Nine thousand) per month to each of the ex-sailors under Regulation 95 Navy (Pension) Regulations, 1964, payable September 2018 as per the Court Order under reference.
3. The amount of gratuity and DCRG paid, be adjusted the amount payable. Necessary PPO may be issued immediately.
4. The expenditure incurred on this account will be paid under Charged Expenditure and be debited to the relevant Head of Account.
5. This issues with concurrence of Ministry Defence vide their U.O. No. 1023/Fin/Pen Dated 17.10.2018.
6. Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 4(10)/2017-D (Pen/Legal) dated 26th September, 2017 may be treated as cancelled.
(Ajay Kumar Agrawal)
Under Secretary to the Govt of India
Related to Your Search:
- Implementation of Supreme Court Judgement on Rank Pay Case
- Eligibility of Unmarried Daughters of Armed Forces personnel for grant of Family Pension beyond 25 years of Age
- Rank Pay: New Order by MoD for more monetary benefits
- Special attention of Retired Armed Forces Officers and NOKs/Legal Heirs of Deceased Officers on Rank Pay Matter
- 7th CPC Notification: Navy Officers Pay Rules, 2017 – Amendment in Definition of Pay Matrix and Revised Pay Matrix
- Anomaly in Computation of Pension – SC Judgement
- PCDA Advt – Rank Pay: For Special Attention of Retired Officer and NOKs/Legal heirs of deceased Officer
- Rule 10 of Army Officers and Air Force Officers Pay Rules – MoD Orders
- Date of next increment rule 10 of Army, Air Force, Navy Officers and Military Nursing Service Pay Rules, 2017