7th CPC Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Retired Medical Officers
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated, the 11th September, 2017
Sub : Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission Revision of pension of pre-2016 retired medical officers.
The undersigned is directed to say that in implementation of the decision taken on the recommendations of the 7th CPC, orders were issued vide this Departments OM No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A)(ii) dated 04.08.2016 for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2006 by multiplying the pre-revised pension/family pension by a factor of 2.57. Subsequently, vide OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 12.05.2017, it has been decided that the pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016 in respect of all Central civil pensioners/family pensioners, who retired/died prior to 01.01.2016, may be revised w.e.f. 01.01.2016 by notionally fixing their pay in the pay matrix recommended by the 7th CPC in the level corresponding to the pay in the pay scale/pay hand and grade pay at which they retired/died. This will be done by notional pay fixation under each intervening Pay Commission based on the Formula for revision of pay
2. In the case of medical officers, the emoluments reckoned for calculation of pension include Non-practicing Allowance (NPA). The pay of the medical officers is revised in accordance with the specific provision made in the Revised Pay Rules. The manner in which the pay of the medical officers is to be revised w.e.f. 1.1.2016 is prescribed in Rule 7 of the CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016. Accordingly, for the purpose of revision of pension of pre-2016 retired medical officers in accordance with this Department’s O.M. dated 12.05.2017, their pay will be notionally revised w.e.f. 1.1.2016 based on the formula for revision of pay as applicable to the medical officers in the 7th CPC as well as in the intervening Pay Commissions. NPA at the rate as applicable as on 01.01.2016 shall be added to such notional pay as on 1.1.2016 to arrive at pension/family pension of retired medical officers w.e.f. 1.1.2016.
3. NPA to serving medical officers has been revised @ 20% of basic pay w.e.f. 1.7.2017. Accordingly, the pension/family pension of retired medical officers shall be further revised w.e.f. 1.7.2017 by adding NPA @ 20% to the notional pay as on 1.1.2016, instead of the NPA admissible as on 1.1.2016.
4. The revision of pension/family pension of retired medical officers in the above manner will be further subject to the condition that the notional pay as on 1.1.2016 plus NPA does not exceed the average of basic pay of the revised scale applicable to the Apex Level and the level of Cabinet Secretary.
5. This issues with the approval of Ministry Of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their I.D.No.136/EV/2017 dated 25.08.2017.
6. Hindi Version will follow.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC revised pension pre-2016 retired Medical Officers of Army Medical Corps/Army Dental Corps/Remount & Veterinary Corps
- 7th Pay Commission for Defence Pensioners – Calculation for Havildar (JCOs/ORs)
- Example for JCOs ORs – 7th CPC Pension Revision – Notional Fixation DESW Order 05.09.2017
- Revision of disability pension and family pension under CCS(EOP)Rules to pre 1996 and pre-2006 disability pensioners and family pension under CCS (EOP) Rules
- 7th Pay Commission for Defence Pensioners – Calculation for Naik (JCOs/ORs)
- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners in implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission Concordance tables
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners etc
- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/ family pensioners in implementation of Govt. decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission concordance tables
- 7th Pay Commission for Defence Pensioners calculation example for Major