IBA : Medical Insurance Scheme – constitution of committee
INDIAN BANKs’ ASSOCIATION
HR & INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
May 8, 2018
Shri Sanjev K.Bandish,Convenor,UFBU
United Forum of Bank Unions,
C/o State Bank of India,LHO,Plot no.1, Sector -17A
Chandigarh – 1600017
Medical Insurance Scheme – constitution of committee
Please refer to our earlier communication in the subject matter and discussions held on 5th May,2018 with the Negotiating Committee. As desired , we place below the four suggested options:
i. Banks may go back to the earlier Hospitalization Expenses reimbursement Scheme as was in vogue till 9th Bi-partite settlement for employees and dependent family members.
ii. Directly deal with united India Insurance Co.Ltd or any other Insurance Company by calling quotes, without any interference from Broker.
iii. Advise banks to decide on the course of Medical Insurance Scheme on their own. Each Bank can negotiate with Insurance Companies to provide a Scheme tailor made to the requirement of the same.
iv. Continue with the process of appointing two or more brokers to help in assisting the IBA member banks to get a suitable Scheme prepared after getting the best quote as the nuances and fine print of the Insurance Policy and its features & interpretation will not be known to most employees & IBA in the absence of a broker.
2.In this context, as suggested by you, we would like to hold a meeting at our stadium House Office on 11.5.2018 at 11.00am to have fruitful deliberation for further course of action regarding Medical Insurance Scheme. You are therefore requested to kindly make it convenient to depute four representatives (two from officers Associations & two from Workmen Unions) to attend the meeting & share the views of the unions & Associations so that the matter may be concluded well in time before renewal.
3.A line of confirmation will be highly appreciated in this regard.
S K Kakkar,
senior Advisor (HR&IR)
Related to Your Search:
- Representation of Bank and Insurance Employees
- Implementation of Medical Insurance scheme to Bank Retirees – IBA Circular
- Wage Negotiation: Negotiating Committee Meeting with Unions / Associations
- DISCUSSIONS WITH IBA ON MEDICAL INSURANCE SCHEME
- 10th Bipartite Settlement – Sub committee meeting on bank bipartite on 16th April
- 11th Bipartite settlement next meeting date on 29th Sept 2018
- Renewal of Medical Insurance Scheme for Retirees as agreed vide Bipartite Settlement/Joint Note Dated 25th May, 2015
- Bank Employees to get 15% increase in wages – Strike from 25th Feb called off – 10th Bipartite Wage Settlement
- Medical Insurance Scheme for Bank Employees and Officers who have retired after 1.10.2015