IBA Invites UFBU for Negotiations on Wage Revision fixed on 21.2.2018
R-8/38 Raj Nagar
Punjab National Bank
Preet Vihar, Delhi-92
Ph. /Fax No: 0120-4136800 Mobile (G.S.): 9818562336
E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.aipnbsf.org
Circular No. 2/2018
TO ALL MEMBERS
• UFBU MEETING HELD ON 6TH FEBRUARY 2018
• UFBU DECIDES ALL INDIA STRIKE ON 15TH MARCH 2018
• IBA INVITES UFBU FOR NEGOTIATIONS ON 21ST FEBRUARY 2018
We reproduce hereunder the Circular No. UFBU/2018/01 Dated the 9th February 2018 issued by Com. Sanjeev K. Bandlish, Convenor, United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU), for information of all affiliates and members.
With revolutionary greetings,
(R. K. SHARMA)
In the background of virtual silence on the part of IBA to hold negotiations with UFBU on our current demands for revision of wages and services conditions, a meeting of UFBU was held at Mumbai on the 6th February 2018.
Delay in wage revision: The meeting was concerned to note that for the past three months, IBA has not held any meeting with us on our demands for wage revision despite assuring us in the meeting held in October, 2017 that shortly another meeting would be held when the IBA would make their offer. So far, there has been no response. Department of Financial Services of Government of India has also been communicating to all the Banks and IBA to conclude the settlement without delay. Even this has been ignored. Regrettably, when we took up the matter with the Government to intervene to expedite the settlement, there was no response. Hence, it was decided after due deliberations that agitational programmes including strike actions have to be resorted to.
Strike call: Accordingly, it was decided to give the call for All India Strike on the 15th March 2018 preceded by other protest programmes like deputation to Chairperson IBA, demonstrations, mass rallies, Badge wearing, Dharna, etc.
IBA invites UFBU for Talks: After our taking the decision on the 6th February 2018, we have been informed by the IBA vide their letter dated the 7th February 2018 that the next round of negotiations on our demands for wage revision has been fixed for the 21st February 2018.
In view of this, we shall take part in the negotiations on 21.02.2018 to impress upon the IBA to expedite the settlement. Looking to their response in the meeting on 21st February 2018, UFBU will meet immediately thereafter and take the decision about our agitational programme and strike call.
Continued attacks on Banking Sector – Mass signature Campaign : Further to our successful protest strike on 22.08.2017 and the massive Morcha to Parliament on 15.09.2017, it was decided to undertake mass signature campaign in the Petition to Speaker of Lok Sabha to seek the support of the people to our demands. Already the draft Mass Petition has been circulated to units. The meeting observed that the units are in the process of collecting signatures from the general public and the response is encouraging.
It was decided to complete the campaign by the end of March 2018 so that the Mass Petitions can be handed over to the Speaker of Lok Sabha in the first week of April, 2018 before the conclusion of the current Budget Session.
Related to Your Search:
- Wage Negotiation: Negotiating Committee Meeting with Unions / Associations
- No improvement in Conciliation meeting held on 5.11.2014 – Bank employees Strike on 12.11.2014
- Bank Employees Strike on 12th November 2014
- Bank Employees Wage Revision – UFBU not satisfied with IBA’s offer, to go on strike
- Impacts of two days Banks Strike on 20th & 21st Feb, 2013
- UFBU decides to revive the strike programmes – 4 days strike from 25th to 28th Feb 2015
- Strike Notice by UFBU on 20th and 21st January 2014 – Deferred
- Detailed Report on Negotiations with IBA – BEFI
- Bank Wage Revision : IBA fixed date for next Bipartite meeting