How Dearness Allowance increase is calculated..?
How to calculate Dearness Allowance for Central Government Staff and Employees…
We have been reporting the increase in Dearness allowance every six months, always before official announcement is made. We have not been making predictions or assumptions. Our reporting has always been based on standard calculation used for the purpose. We feel that the visitors also should be aware of the calculation, hence this article.
The Dearness allowance is based on All India Consumer Price Index. The Dearness allowance is granted to compensate the price increase above 536 points (Base Year 1982=100) [115.763 Points (Base Year 2001=100)], to which the revised pay scales relate. This will be approved twice a year, payable from 1st January and 1st July. The twelve monthly average CPI above 536/115.763 points is determined twice in a year for the period ending December and June.
For arriving at Dearness allowance increase we need to know the All India Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers [CPI(IW)] for the previous six months. For Dearness allowance revision w.e.f 1st January of a year, the CPI of July to Dec are required. For Dearness allowance revision w.e.f. 1st July of a year, CPI of Jan to Jun are required and so on.
The average CPI of the twelve months is then taken for calculation and the following formula is used :
New rate of Dearness allowance = (Average CPI for 12 months – 115.763 x 100) / 115.763
Additional rate of Dearness allowance = New DA rate – Old DA rate
The All India Consumer Price Index Numbers will be notified by the Labour Bureau on the last day of next month on its official website.
Example as follows…
AICPIN for the months for
Total = 2395
Average = 199.58
Calculation as follows…
2395 – 115.763 x 100
—————————- = 72.41
The total Dearness allowance with effect from Jan 2012 will be 72%.
Related to Your Search:
- Method of Calculation of Dearness Allowance and Expected DA Increase from 2013
- EXPECTED DA – DA FROM JULY 2012 WILL BE 72%
- How to calculate IDA..?
- Expected DA (Dearness Allowance) from July 2013 to central government employees
- Central Government Employees News: Expected DA from January 2014
- DA from January 2017 will be 4% or 5% – Dearness Allowance Estimation
- Calculation starts for expected DA from January 2017
- Expected DA January 2020 – Expected to increase by 4% from 17% to 21% and by 9% increase in 6th CPC DA
- Expected Dearness Allowance from January 2015