Housing Facilities to Defence Personnel
Government has sanctioned construction of 1,98,881 Dwelling Units (DUs) for the Married Military officers / soldiers. Apart from construction of DUs, hiring of houses is also undertaken for Defence personnel to meet the deficiency of housing. In addition, Service personnel are authorized to House Rent Allowance (HRA) / Compensation in Lieu of Quarter (CILQ) / Family Accommodation Allowance (FAA).
Married Accommodation Project (MAP) was approved in 2002 for providing 1,98,881 Dwelling Units (DUs) to serving defence personnel. Under this project DUs with improved specifications are being constructed. Besides, under Annual Major Works Programme (AMWP) residential accommodation projects are undertaken as per special needs from time to time.
Phase-I comprising 57875 DUs has been completed. Out of 69904 DUs meant for Phase-II, 38811 DUs have been constructed & balance 31093 DUs are under construction. Balance 71102 DUs are planned for phase-III projects. Provision exists for construction of Field Area Family Accommodation (FAFA) in peace stations for the families of Officers / soldiers serving in field areas. In view of shortfall of FAFA accommodations, Defence Personnel are provided HRA / CILQ / FAA at the rate of selected place of residence of family.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Shri Kunwar Pushpendra Singh Chandel in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Service personnel are authorized to HRA, CILQ and FAA
- Housing Schemes by CGEWHO
- Recommendations made by the GST Council for the Housing Sector to promote Affordable Housing for the masses come into force
- Defects in Dwelling Units Constructed by CGEWHO
- Implementation of the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission – Construction Projects – Grant of Project Allowance
- 400 new quarters made available & 37,000 more to be built for government employees in New Delhi
- Effective rate of tax and credit available to the builders for payment of tax are summarized in the table for pre-GST and GST regime
- Details of benefits provided to the civilians working in the Defence sector
- Incentives in case of posting to USBRL project and to the difficult projects (National) in N.F.Railway on retention of quarter: Railway Board Order