House Rent Allowance (HRA) Calculations after implementation of 7th CPC
The Union Cabinet finally cleared the 7th Central Pay Commission for implementation on the 29th of July 2016. The Report which recommended a hike in salaries and pension for employees and pensioners, will be implemented from 1st January 2016. After taking into account dearness allowance at the prevailing rate, the salary, pension to all central government employees and pensioners will increase by at least 14.29 % as on January 2016, and could go up to 23 % in upper categories.
The union cabinet approved the recommendations of the 7th CPC on pay and pension but proposals for allowances was deferred and announced a committee under the finance secretary. The committee will analyse the allowances to be implemented or scraped. So the allowances like HRA, TA etc. will continue at existing rates for now.
Regarding the HRA at present, it is 30 % for class X cities, 20% for Y cities, and 10% for Z class cities. However, in the 7th CPC report it was recommended that the HRA should paid at the rate of 24%, 16% and 8% of the new basic pay for X, Y and Z category of cities respectively. The commission had recommended a rise in HRA when the DA crosses 50% to 27%, 18% and 9% and further increase to 30%, 20% and 10% when the DA crosses 100%.
Now the allowances including HRA will be kept under the newly formed committee, there will be a huge confusion when calculating allowances including the HRA. On what basis will the HRA be calculated if the new recommendations are implemented?
|6th CPC Pay in the pay band||Grade Pay||Basic Pay||HRA @30%||7th CPC Basic pay||HRA @ 24%|
Let us wait and see for the government orders regarding the calculations!!!!
Related to Your Search:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) : Report of the Committee on Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission: Revised Allowances Likely From July, Says Report
- 7th Pay Commission: E-CoS may take 2-3 Weeks to Screen the Allowance Committee Report on 7th CPC
- Cabinet Decision on 7th CPC HRA – Shocking News for Central government Employees
- Percentage of HRA in 7th pay commission after cabinet approval
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances: Important Update Likely Tomorrow – NDTV News
- 7th Pay Commission Fitment Factor and House Rent Allowance – No Change Therein is Envisaged
- 7th Pay Commission: Latest updates on higher allowance
- 7th Pay Commission: Latest Developments On Allowances, HRA