Hospitality by suppliers, vendors to the Government Officials: Fin Min Order
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
516, Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi.
Dated 24th October, 2017.
Subject : Hospitality by suppliers/ vendors to the Government Officials – reg.
It has been brought to the notice of this Department that in the contracts signed with suppliers by some of the Ministries/ Departments have clauses of pre-inspection at the firm’s premises, where there is a provision that the suppliers or the vendors will pay for the travel, stay, hospitality and other expenses of the Inspecting officials. This is not in keeping with need to safeguard the independence of the inspecting teams. Such provisions in contracts need to be discouraged, so that Inspections are not compromised. Necessary steps may be taken to strictly avoid such provisions in the contracts with suppliers/ vendors.
(Vinaya T Likhar)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Budget 2016: Jaitley Cuts Down 54% Ministers Travel Expenses
- 7th Central Pay Commission: Ceilings in respect of Office Expenditure on hospitality
- Payment to Suppliers etc. by Government Departments through e-Payment
- Government officials have to declare outcome of foreign trips
- Various Steps Taken to Safeguard Recruitment Examination
- Staff Selection Commission wants to engage Retired CG Staffs in its Examination Activities
- Additional Performance Security in case of Abnormally Low Bids – DoE
- DoE: Reimbursement of rent to Central Government Servants
- DoE: Amendments in General Financial Rules (GFR) 2017