The LTC scheme allowing government officials to fly by air to the North East Region (NER), Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N) instead of Home Town LTC has been extended for two years until 25 September 2020.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi-110 001
Dated: March, 2020
Subject:- Grant of one additional Home Town LTC conversion to Fresh Recruits to visit UT of Jammu & Kashmir.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even no. dated 20.09.2018 vide which the LTC scheme allowing Government servants to travel by air to North East Region (NER), Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N) in lieu of Home Town LTC, was extended for a period of two years till 25 September, 2020.
2. Para 2 (iii) of the aforesaid O.M. provides that Fresh Recruits are allowed conversion of one of the three Home Town LTCs in a block of four years, applicable to them. In this regard, as per the extant instructions, fresh recruits to Central Government are allowed LTC to their home town along with families on three occasions in a block of four years and to any place in India on the fourth occasion. This facility is available to fresh recruits for the first two LTC blocks of four years applicable after joining the Government for the first time. As per the aforesaid O.M., out of these three Home Town LTC, one LTC may be converted by the fresh recruits to travel by air to visit UT of J&K/ UT of Ladakh/ NER/ A&N.
3. In this regard, it has been decided to allow fresh recruits one additional conversion of Home Town LTC to travel by air to any place in Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir in each block of four years, i.e. in total 4 times in initial 8 years after being eligible for LTC (twice in each block of four years). The travel entitlements and other LTC conditions for this scheme shall be the same as given in DoPT’s O.M. No. 31011/3/2018- Estt.A-lV dated 20.09.2018 and 20.06.2019.
4. This facility will be valid till 25.09.2020.
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Central Government Employees: No LTC in case of posting in home town
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988- Clarification regarding eligibility of Home Town Concession- FAQ
- LTC entitlements of unmarried Government servants – Clarification on Conversion of Home Town LTC facility
- DoPT: Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 – Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar – extension beyond 25.09.2018.
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules 1988 Relaxation to travel by air to visit NER, J and K and A and N
- Relaxation for LTC travel by air to visit Jammu and Kashmir – Expected order from Dopt
- LTC to visit some SAARC countries
- LTC facilities to the Civilian employees of the Central Government serving in States of the North-Eastern Region, Ladakh region of State of Jammu & Kashmir and in Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep Group of Islands – Implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC
- 7th CPC LTC facilities to Central Government Employees serving in North Eastern Region, Jammu Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar