Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the year 2018: DoPT Order
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
Establishment (JCA-2) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 14th June, 2017
Subject: Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the year 2018- reg.
It has been decided that the holidays as specified in the Annexure -I to this OM. will be observed in all the Administrative Offices of the Central Government located at Delhi/ New Delhi during the year 2018. In addition, each employee will also be allowed to avail himself / herself of any two holidays to be chosen by him / her out of the list of Restricted Holidays in Annexure – II.
2. Central Government Administrative Offices located outside Delhi / New Delhi shall observe the following holidays compulsorily in addition to three holidays as per para 3.1 below:
1. REPUBLIC DAY
2. INDEPENDENCE DAY
3. MAHATMA GANDHI’S BIRTHDAY
4. BUDDHA PURNIMA
5. CHRISTMAS DAY
6. DUSSEHRA (VIJAY DASHMI)
7. DIWALI (DEEPAVALI)
8. GOOD FRIDAY
9. GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY
10. IDU’L FITR
11 . IDU’L ZUHA
12. MAHAVIR J AYANTI
14. PROPHET MOHAMMAD’S BIRTHDAY (ID-E-MILAD)
3.1. In addition to the above 14 Compulsory holidays mentioned in para 2, three holidays shall be decided from the list indicated below by the Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee in the State Capitals, if necessary, in consultation with Coordination Committees at other places in the State. The final list applicable uniformly to all Central Government offices within the concerned State shall be notified accordingly and no change can be carried out thereafter. It is also clarified that no change is permissible in regard to festivals and dates as indicated.
1 . AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR DUSSEHRA
3. JANAMASHTAMI (VAISHNAVI)
4. RAM NAVAMI
5. MAHA SHIVRATRI
6. GANESH CHATURTHI / VINAYAK CHATURTHI
7. MAKAR SANKARANTI
8. RATH YATRA
11. SRI PANCHAMI / BASANT PANCHAMI
12. VISHU/ VAISAKHI / VAISAKHADI / BHAG BIHU / MASHADI UGADI CHAITRA SUKLADI / CHETI CHAND / GUDI PADAVA /1ST NAVRATRA NAORAZ/ CHHATH POOJA/ KARVA CHAUTH.
3.2 No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays initially declared subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festivals falling on the same day.
4. The list of Restricted Holidays appended to this O.M. is meant for Central Government Offices located in Delhi / New Delhi. The Coordination Committees at the State Capitals may draw up separate list of Restricted Holidays keeping in View the occasions of local importance but the 9 occasions left over, after choosing the 3 variable holidays in para 3.1 above, are to be included in the list of restricted holidays.
5.1 For offices in Delhi / New Delhi, any change in the date of holidays in respect of Idu’l Fitr, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad, if necessary, depending upon sighting of the Moon, would be declared by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions after ascertaining the position from the Govt. of NCT of Delhi (DCP, Special Branch, Delhi Police).
5.2 For offices outside Delhi / New Delhi, the Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committees at the State Capitals are authorised to change the date of holiday, if necessary, based on the decision of the concerned State Governments / Union Territories, in respect of Idu’l Fitr, ldu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad.
5.8 It may happen that the change of date of the above occasions has to be declared at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement could be made through P.I.B/T.V. /A.I.R. / Newspapers and the Heads of Department / Offices of the Central Government may take action according to such an announcement without waiting for a formal order, about the change of date.
6. During 2018, Diwali (Deepavali) falls on Thursday, October 19, 2017 (Ashvina 28). In certain States, the practice is to celebrate the occasion a day in advance, i.e., on “Narakachaturdasi Day”. In view of this, there is no objection if holiday on account of Deepavali is observed on “Naraka Chaturdasi Day (in place of Deepavali Day) for the Central Government Offices in a State if in that State that day alone is declared as a compulsory holiday for Diwali for the offices of the State Government.
7. Central Government Organisations which include industrial, commercial and trading establishments would observe upto 16 holidays in a year including three national holidays viz. Republic Day, Independence Day and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, as compulsory holidays. The remaining holidays / occasions may be determined by such establishments/ organisations themselves for the year 2018, subject to para 3.2 above.
8. Union Territory Administrations shall decide the list of holidays in terms of Instructions issued in this regard by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
9. In respect of Indian Missions abroad, the number of holidays may be notified in accordance With the instructions contained in this Department’s O.M. No.12/5/2002-JCA dated 17th December, 2002. In other words, they will have the option to select 16(Sixteen) holidays of their own only after including in the list, three National Holidays and Idu’l Fitr, in the list of compulsory holidays with the Idu’l Fitr falling on day of weekly off (Saturday).
10. In respect of Banks, the holidays shall be regulated in terms of the extant instructions issued by the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance.
11. Hindi version will follow.
(D. K. SenGupta)
Deputy Secretary (JCA)
Encl.: List of holidays
LIST OF HOLIDAYS DURING THE YEAR 2018 FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED AT DELHI / NEW DELHI
1939 SAKA ERA
1940 Saka Era
|12||Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday||October||02||Asvina||10||Tuesday|
|15||Milad-un-Nabi or Id-e- Milad (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)||November||21||Kartika||30||Wednesday|
|16||Guru Nanak’s Birthday||November||23||Agrahayana||02||Friday|
LIST OF RESTRICTED HOLIDAYS DURING THE YEAR 2018 FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED AT DELHI , NEW DELHI
|SAKA ERA 1939|
|1||New Year’s Day||January||01||Pausha||11||Monday|
|5||Basant Panchami/Sri Panchami||January||22||Magha||02||Monday|
|6||Guru Ravidas’s Birthday||January||31||Magha||11||Wednesday|
|7||Swami Dayananda Sarawati Jayanti||February||10||Magha||21||Saturday|
|10||Chaitra Sukladi/Gudi Padava/Ugadi/Cheti Chand||March||18||Phalguna||27||Sunday|
|13||Hazarat Ali’s Birthday||April||01||Chaitra||11||Sunday|
|15||Vaisakhadi(Bengal)/ Bahag Bihu (Assam)||April||15||Chaitra||25||Sunday|
|16||Guru Rabindranath’s Birthday||May||09||Vaisakha||19||Wednesday|
|19||Parsi New Year’s day/Nauraj||August||17||Sravana||26||Friday|
|20||Onam or Thiru Onam Day||August||25||Bhadra||03||Saturday|
|22||Vinayaka Chaturthi/ Ganesh Chaturthi||September||13||Bhadra||22||Thursday|
|23||Dussehra (Maha Saptami) (Additional)||October||16||Asvina||24||Tuesday|
|24||Dussehra (Maha Ashtami) (Additional)||October||17||Asvina||25||Wednesday|
|25||Dussehra (Maha Navmi)||October||18||Asvina||26||Thursday|
|26||Maharishi Valmiki’s Birthday||October||24||Kartika||02||Wednesday|
|27||Karaka Chaturthi (Karva Chouth)||October||27||Kartika||05||Saturday|
|28||Deepavali (South India)||November||06||Kartika||15||Tuesday|
|32||Pratihar Sashthi or Surya Sashthi (Chhat Puja)||November||13||Kartika||22||Tuesday|
|33||Guru Teg Bahadur’s Martyrdom Day||November||24||Agrahayana||03||Saturday|
Related to Your Search:
- LIST OF HOLIDAYS DURING THE YEAR 2014 FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED IN ODISHA
- KVS Orders : Holidays to be observed in Government Offices during the year 2013
- Maharashtra Government Holiday list 2015
- Holidays 2014 – Holidays observed in Central Government Offices in Tamil Nadu during the year 2014, the detailed list of holidays with day and dates are given below for your information…
- LIST OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT HOLIDAYS DURING THE YEAR 2021 FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED AT GUJARAT
- LIST OF CLOSED HOLIDAYS FOR THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT OFFICES IN TAMIL NADU FOR THE YEAR 2015
- List of BSNL Holidays 2019 in Tamil Nadu Circle
- LIST OF GAZETTED HOLIDAYS DURING THE YEAR 2020 FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED IN CHENNAI
- Central Government Calendar 2015 for Delhi/New Delhi with list of Closed/Gazetted & Restricted Holidays