Holiday on 25th December as specifically clarified by CBSE
Newspaper article in Times of India today i.e., 15th December, 2014 gives a distorted impression that schools have been asked to remain open on 25th December.
2. This is to clarify that CBSE has not directed any school to remain open on 25th December. All schools will follow their vacation schedule including vacation/holiday on 25th December as specifically clarified by CBSE.
3. The proposed instructions of the CBSE are toconduct an online essay competition on 24th and 25th December 2014 which is completely voluntary. CBSE has neither issued any circular on its website nor issued any instructions to any school for remaining open on 25th December 2014.
4. Even the CBSE as an office will remain closed as a public holiday on 25th December on account of Christmas Day. For the event of online essay competitions on that day, no official of CBSE is required to come to office for specifically conducting essay competition as the essays will be received online through the specified time schedule.
5. This online essay competition is completely voluntary and the students if they so desire can participate from their homes or any other place which provides online access. There is no requirement for any school to remain open on that day and the school vacations will be adhered to.
6. Navodaya Schools are residential schools. As the vacation pattern in JNVs depends on climatic conditions, the 25th of December 2014 will be celebrated in those schools which do not have any winter break. In such schools, since it is a public holiday on 25th December, the schools will also remain closed that day as no classes would be held. As a residential school, however, the school functions because children continue to remain there and these children will have the opportunity to clarified that no other activities for this competition are being held except the opportunity to submit their essays online voluntarily.
7. Kendriya Vidyalayas are observing vacations during that period and hence all Kendriya Vidyalalyas will remain closed. Students of Kendriya Vidyalayas if they so desire can participate voluntarily in the online essay competition from their homes or any other place. Kendriya Vidyalaya has not given any directions for the schools to remain open during the vacations.
8. In view of this, no child or student will be deprived of celebrating the holidays or vacations or participating in their own festivals and religious festivals whole heartedly.
9. No instructions have been issued to State Governments.
10. No clarification was sought by the reported from the Secretary, School Education before going to Press.
Related to Your Search:
- 1002 KVS Schools affiliated with CBSE
- Railway school teachers working hours and holidays vacations
- Railway Board Orders – Fixing uniform number of vacations / holidays for Railway school teachers
- Kendriya Vidyalayas across the country have resumed face-to-face teachings for various classes as per the guidelines issued by the MHA – KV School
- Inviting Young Artists from CBSE affiliated schools
- KV SChools Age Criteria and Admission Schedule for the year 2015-16
- Online registration process for KVS admissions will begin on April 1st for the Academic Year 2021-2022
- KV School admission in Class 1 under RTE and Single Girl Child (SGC) categories, requested to attend online lottery process
- Railway Minister’s English Essay Competition 2016-2017