Hike in Retirement age of Kerala State Employees – 10th Pay Revision Commission may recommend to hike to 58 years
According to recent reports published in the ‘Manoramaonline’, the 10th Kerala Pay Revision Commission expected to recommend to hike in retirement age for Kerala State Govt employees by two years from 56 to 58.
Kerala may raise retirement age to 58
“Thiruvananthapuram: Increasing the retirement age for Kerala government employees by two years to 58 may be one of the recommendations of the 10th Kerala Pay Revision Commission. The commission, led by Justice C.N. Ramachandran Nair, will submit its report on July 10.
The commission is expected to recommend the increase of retirement age to balance the extra burden on the treasury due to a pay rise across the board. The report recommends a minimum salary of Rs 16,000 and a maximum salary of Rs 1 lakh for employees.
The youth wings of all political parties are against increasing the retirement age in the government service. Even the United Democratic Front government’s policies do not favour later retirement. The retirement age was raised to 56 from 55 during the previous Left Democratic Front rule.
Other recommendations include lowering the minimum eligibility for full pension to 25 years in service from the present 30. Full pension is equivalent to half of the basic pay. The report would also have recommendations intended to raise the efficiency of the employees along with their pay scale.”
Read more at www.english.manoramaonline.com
Related to Your Search:
- Pay Commission likely to recommend 16000 as Minimum Salary and 1 lakh as Maximum for Kerala State Employees
- Kerala government employees to get hike in salary, retirement age to be raised by 2 yrs
- Kerala Pay Commission Report handed over to Government
- 7th Pay Commission likely to recommend up to 30% pay hike
- Salary Hike for Government Employees Likely to be Delayed by 2 Months
- 7th Pay Commission likely to propose minimum pay Rs 20,000 of central government employees
- 7th CPC recommendation expected: Minimum Basic 15000, Average increase 15%-20% and Maximum 33 Years Service
- 7th Pay Commission may also raise salary-levels of PSU employees
- Kerala Pay Revision Commission Recommendations approved by Cabinet