Gratuity Pay under New Pension System
The benefits of Death cum Retirement Gratuity (DCRG) and pension/family pension have been provisionally allowed, vide the Office Memorandum of Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare No. 38/41/06-P & PW(A) dated 5.5.2009 in respect of Central Government servants covered under NPS in cases where a Government Servant is retired on invalidation/disability and in the case of death of a Government servant in service on the same rates as are applicable under the old pension scheme Central Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1972.
The retirement gratuity is payable to the retiring Government servant. A minimum of 5 years’ qualifying service and eligibility to receive service gratuity/pension is essential to get this one time lump sum benefit. Retirement gratuity is calculated @ 1/4th of a month’s Basic Pay plus Dearness Allowance drawn before retirement for each completed six monthly period of qualifying service.
The maximum retirement gratuity payable is 16½ times the Basic Pay, subject to a maximum of Rs. 10 lakh. If the Government Servant dies while in service, the death gratuity shall be paid to his family at rates furnished in the table below:
|Sl. No.||Length of Qualifying Service||Rate of Death Gratuity|
|1.||Less than one year||2 times of emoluments|
|2.||One year or more but less than 5 years||6 times of emoluments|
|3.||5 years or more but less than 20 years||12 times of emoluments|
|4.||20 years or more||Half of emoluments for every completed
six monthly period of qualifying service
subject to a maximum of 33 times of emoluments.
This was stated by Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena, in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- A brief note of the Ministry of DOPT on New Pension Scheme – Retirement Benefits
- 7th Pay Commission’s Recommendations on Gratuity
- Senior Citizen Entitlement of Employees
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Death Gratuity
- Retirement Benefits for Central Government Employees
- Regulation of pension and other retirement benefits of Government servants who were on Extraordinary leave/ unauthorized absence/ suspension as on 1.1.2016 and retired/ died thereafter without joining duty
- Indian Navy Personnel Serving Retirement And Pension Officers
- Jammu & Kashmir – Civil Services Regulations : Amendment
- Central Government Employees Pensionary Benefits – Retirement and Pension – Officers – NAVY