Granting of GP Rs. 5400 in PB -2 (Level 9 in Pay Matrix) on completion of four years of service in the GP Rs. 4800 (Level 8 in Pay Matrix) to ASPs on non functional basis.
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110001
Date : 22.04.2019
Shri Arup Kumar Seal,
All India Association of Inspectors and Asstt. Supdt. Posts,
Qtr. No. 12, P&T Colony, Khurshid Square,
Civil Lines, Delhi -110054.
Sub : Granting of GP Rs. 5400 in PB -2 (Level 9 in Pay Matrix) on completion of four years of service in the GP Rs. 4800 (Level 8 in Pay Matrix) to ASPs on non functional basis.
I am directed to refer to your letter No.SG/AIAIASP/03/2018 on the above mentioned subject and to inform that the issue of granting NFSG in pre revised GP Rs. 5400/- in PB-2 corresponding to Level 9 to Asstt. Superintendent Posts on completion of four years of service in the pre-revised GP Rs. 4800/- (Level 8 in Pay Matrix) has been examined with following observations:-
i. The NFSG Scale is given to AAOs in P&T Accounts vide MoF OM No. 25-2/2017- IC/E.III (A) dated 18.06.2018 as per recommendations of 7th CPC in Para 11.12.140 of the report whereas there is no such recommendation for ASP cadre. Moreover, AAOs in P&T Accounts are having all India Transfer Liability and on contrast, the ASP is a Circle level cadre. Further, ASPs are enjoying Rule 38 transfer from one Circle to other whereas there is no such provision for AAOs. As such, the plea for granting NSFG to ASP cadre in line of AAO cadre as mentioned in the representation is not tenable.
ii. There is different time span in promoting IPs to ASPs in Circles as ASP is a Circle level cadre. In some Circles IPs get promotion in ASPs cadre immediately after completion of minimum qualifying years of service in IP cadre viz 3 years (now 5 years) whereas in some Circles IPs are waiting their hierarchical promotion in ASP cadre even after regular service of 10-13 years in the cadre. The NSFG Scale would not only make a huge disparity in pay among ASPs who are originally entered in IP cadre on the basis of same examination and are borne on the same IP gradation list.
Therefore, the proposal to grant NSFG to Asstt. Superintendent Posts on completion of four years of service cannot be recommended.
Asstt.Director General (GDS/PCC)
Related to Your Search:
- Fixation of Pay on up-gradation of Grade Pay of IPs/ASPs under MACP Scheme
- 7th CPC – Para 11.12.140 – Grant of Grade Pay of Rs.5400(PB-2) i.e. Level 9 of Pay Matrix in case of Assistant Accounts Officers of Central Civil Accounts Service
- DoP: Constitution of Circle Relaxation Committee (CRC) at Circle level for considering compassionate appointment cases
- Relaxation of residency period for promotion of Jr. Accounts Asstt (GP 2800/-) as Accounts Asstt (GP 4200/-) on Indian Railways
- Transfer under Rule 38 against vacancies reported for filling up through Direct recruitment examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission
- Amendment in Conditions for Granting of Pay Matrix Level 8 to Level 10
- 7th Pay Commission: Details of Posts in CCAS Cadre under CGA Organization carrying Existing Pay Band and Grade Pay Corresponding to the revised Pay Matrix Level: Controller General of Accounts OM
- Pay anomaly in the Supervisory Cadre of Accounts Department, Ministry of Railways and pay disparity with other Supervisory cadres of the Central Government services
- Cadre Restructuring of Group ‘C’ employees in Department of Posts