Grant of Tough Location Allowance to Central Govt. Employees of Darjeeling
“Consider grant of any kind of Special Duty Allowance/Tough Location Allowance/High Altitude Allowance as a special case“
Dated : 14.03.2018
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Sub: Grant of Tough Location Allowance to Central Govt. Employees of Darjeeling.
This is to bring to your kind notice that Hill Compensatory Allowance (HCA) was being paid till June 2017 to the employees of Darjeeling. Unfortunately HCA has been withdrawan from the month of July 2017 onwards after implementation of 7th CPC Allowance Committee report. However, the neighbouring state, Sikkim is still getting the Special Compensatory Allowance (SCA). It is worth mentioning that Darjeeling and Sikkim share same type of terrain, alongwith climatic conditions. It is further to mention here that the employees of some hill areas viz; Shimla in Himachal Pradesh, comparatively similar to Darjeeling Hills, are enjoying Tough Location Allowance (TLA). But the employees of Darjeeling are deprived of both the Tough Location Allowance (TLA) and Special Compensatory Allowance (SCA).
Darjeeling being the world famous tourist spot and the “Queen of Hills” is one of the expensive place to live in as all the basic commodities are to come from Siliguri, which is a ‘Y’ category city with 16% HRA. This has led the employees of Darjeeling being economically handicapped with the removal of Hill Compensatory Allowance.
In view of the above, I request you to review the orders withdrawing the Allowance already enjoyed by the employees of Darjeeling, and Consider grant of any kind of Special Duty Allowance/Tough Location Allowance/High Altitude Allowance as a special case, considering the geographical, climatical and economical hardship faced by the employees.
& Member, Standing Committee
National Council (JCM)
Email: [email protected]
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Central Pay Commission – Grant of Special Compensatory Allowances subsumed under Tough Location Allowance
- Implementation of the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission – Grant of Special Compensatory Allowances subsumed under Tough Location Allowance
- 7th CPC – Grant of Special Compensatory Allowance subsumed under TLA
- Abolition of Special Compensatory(Hill Area) Allowance – Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission
- EXPENDITURE ON PAY AND ALLOWANCES OF THE EMPLOYEES OF M/O RAILWAYS DURING THE LAST THREE YEARS (2009-2012)
- 7th CPC Special Allowance for Accounts cadre
- Implementation on the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission regarding grant of Hard Area Allowance to the Central Government employees posted in the Nicobar Group of Islands and Islands of Union Territory of Lakshadweep other than Kavaratti & Agatti
- Pay Revision of Board level and below Board level Executives and Non-Unionised Supervisors of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) w.e,f. 01,01.2017 – decision on Location based compensatory allowances and Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA)
- MEMORANDUM SUBMITTED TO THE SEVENTH CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION BY THE NON-GAZETTED GOVERNMENT OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION, ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS