Grant of one time relaxation from the ceiling of 5% for compassionate appointment in Ministry of Defence
BPMS writes a letter to Defence Minister regarding compassionate appiontment in the establishments of MoD.
BHARATIYA PRATIRAKSHA MAZDOOR SANGH
(AN ALL INDIA FEDERATION OF DEFENCE WORKERS)
Ref: GENC / MOS / Appointment / 01
Dr. Jitendra Singh,
Minister of State,
Subject: Grant of one time relaxation from the ceiling of 5% for compassionate appointment in Ministry of Defence.
Through this letter, I would like to invite your attention to the following grievance of Civilian employees working in the Ministry of Defence:-
Govt. of India, DoP&T O.M. No. 14014 / 6 / 94- Estt (D) dated 09th Oct 1998 read with O.M. No. 14014/23/ 99- Estt (D) Dated 03rd Dec 1999 has a provision to give a compassionate appointment to one of the dependent for the survival of his family, if the employee unfortunately dies during his service period; leaving his family behind to survive, but it is limited to 5% of the vacancies. Due to this, a large number of wards are waiting for their appointment on compassionate grounds to look after the family.
Sir, there are 5.85 lakh sanctioned strength of defence civilians but the existing strength is only 3.98 lakh as on 01.01.2014 as mentioned in the report of 07 th CPC. It establishes that there is a deficiency of 1.87 lakh civilian manpower and there are Approx 20 thousands aspirants who are seeking appointment on compassionate grounds.
It is worth to mention here that DoP&T is the competent authority to grant one time relaxation from the limit of 5% vacancies falling under direct recruitment quota in Group ‘C’ post in a recruitment year.
Hence, you are requested to kindly intervene into the matter and issue necessary directives so that DoP&T may grant one time relaxation from the limit of 5% vacancies for compassionate ground appointments in the Defence Installations.
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of one-time relaxation from the ceiling of 5% for compassionate appointments in the Ministry of Defence – BPMS
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – Relaxation in upper age limit
- Review of compassionate appointment cases regarding: Clarification by Ministry of Defence
- Compassionate Appointments in Government are regulated as per instructions issued by Department of Personnel and Training
- Review of three years time limit for making compassionate appointment.
- Important Questions asked on Compassionate Appointment
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – delegation of powers
- 7th CPC Minimum Educational Qualification for appointment in Level-l of the pay matix on compassionate grounds
- Upper age limit for direct recruitment to non-gazetted posts on the Railways