Grant of notional annual increment due on 1st July or 1st January after superannuation for pensionary benefits – DoP’s clarification
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan. Sansad Marg,
New Delhi 110 001.
10th January. 2019.
Sub : Grant of (notional) annual increment due on 1st July or 1st January after superannuation for calculating pensionary benefits – Regarding
The undersigned is directed to forward herewith a copy of representation dated 04-12-2018 along with its enclosures received from Shri R. Ganesan. Secretary. Department of Posts (Retd.) & President. India Posts Retired Officers Association (IPROA) requesting to consider grant of notional annual increment due on 1st July or 1st January after superannuation in case of officials retiring on 30th June or 31st December after completion of one full year service, for calculating pensionary benefits. The request has been made on the basis of an order dated 15-09-2017 passed by Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Madras in Writ Petition No. 15732/2017 in the matter of Shri P. Ayyumperumal. wherein the High Court had directed that the petitioner shall be given one notional increment for the period of one full year’s service from the date of his last increment till the date he retired 30th June next year for the purpose of pensionary benefits. The appeal preferred by UOI by way of filing SLP Civil Dy. No. 22283/2018 challenging the High Court order was dismissed by Hon’ble Supreme Court. vide order dated 23-07-2018
2. The issue raised in the representation does not come under the purview of Department of Post. Therefore, the representation Is being forwarded to the nodal Ministry (Department of Expenditure) for their consideration and appropriate action.
Asstt. Director General (Pension)
Source : Confederation
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of annual increment falling due on the next day of superannuation/ retirement, for the purpose of pensionary benefits
- Court order – Increment on notional basis to those employees retiring on 30th June / 31st of December
- RAILWAYS – Issues of Notional Increment on the day of superannuation
- Court Case DoP – Grant of one Notional Increment to employees who have completed one year of service as on their retirement on Superannuation falling on 30th June of various year and further revision in Basic pension and pensionary benefits
- GRANT OF INCREMENT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED ONE YEAR ON THE DAY OF SUPERANNUATION – SECRETARY JCM (NC) WRITES TO GOVERNMENT
- Madras High Court Order – Notional increment of pensionary benefits
- Court cases for granting notional increment for pensionary benefits in pursuance of the judgement dated 15.09.2017 of Hon’ble High Court of Madras in W.P. No. 15732 of 2017 in the case of P. Ayyamperumal Vs Union of India
- Retired on 30th June is eligible for Increment Benefit with an annual interest rate of 6 per cent – Madhya Pradesh High Court
- IMPORTANT JUDGEMENT- OFFICIAL RETIRED ON 30th JUNE IS ELIGIBLE FOR INCREMENT DUE ON 1st JULY NOTIONALLY FOR PENSIONARY BENEFITS