GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 83/2018
New Delhi, Dated: 08.06.2018
The General Managers/CAO(R)
All India Railways & production Units.
(as per mailing list)
Sub: Grant of Non-functional up-gradation to Indian Railway Medical service officers.
Attention is invited to Railway Board’s letter No. PC VI/2009/I/4/R/1 dated 27.11.2009 (RBE No.209/2009) circulating DOPT’s OM No. AB/14017/64/2008-Ectt(RR) dated 24.04.2009 & 25.09.2009 for adoption in favour of Railway officers of organised Group ‘A’ Services in PB-3 and PB-4.
2. It was subsequently clarified by DOP&T vide their OM No. AB.14017/39/2009- Estt.(RR) dated 02.04.2012 that the NFU to organised Group ‘A’ services shall not be applicable to the officers in those Organised Services where FCS and DACP Schemes are already operating and where officers are already separately covered by their own in-situ Progression scheme. However, Hon’ble Delhi High court in WP(C) No. 4067/2014 and WP(C) No. 4073/2014 vide orders dated 13.10.2014 quashed the Dop&T’s OM dated 02.04.2012. Since the said judgement of Hon’ble High court attained finality as Hon’ble supreme court dismissed the SLP and Review in the case, DoPT&T decided to declare their OM dated 02.04.2012 as non-est, as conveyed vide their OM No.CS-14017/1/2018-Estt.(RR)(Pt.I) dated 25.04.2018.
3. There has been a demand of IRMS officers also for extension of the benefits of NFU Scheme and the issue has been the subject matter of litigation. Hon’ble Central Administrative Tribunal vide their orders dated 28.09.2017 in O.A.No.3290/2017 (Indian Railway Medical Services Association & Anr vs DOP&T & Anr) allowed the relief in terms of the judgement of Hon’ble Delhi High Court in W.P.(C ) No: 4067/2014. The matter was accordingly referred to DOP&T.
4. DOP&T have considered the issue in consultation with Department of Expenditure and conveyed their non-objection to the Ministry of Railways to extend NFU benefits to IRMS doctors. ‘Accordingly, Ministry of Railways have decided to grant the benefit of Non-Functional Upgradation CNFU Scheme as applicable to Organized Group ‘A’ services of Railways to IRMS Officers as per the detailed terms and conditions as have been in vogue from time to time after introduction of the scheme. Accordingly, grant of higher scale / benefits under the scheme would be admissible w.e.f. 1.1.2006, where due and admissible, as provided in the original instructions under reference.
Executive Director/Pay Commission -II
New Delhi, dated 08.06.2018
Related to Your Search:
- Amendment in Conditions for Granting of Pay Matrix Level 8 to Level 10
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees
- Grant of Transport Allowance at Rs.7000 + DA thereon to officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10000 on Non-functional basis
- Making para military forces as organised services
- Grant of Transport Allowance @ 7000 p.m+DA thereon to officers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.10000, Rs.12000 on Non-functional basis-clarification reg.
- Clarification regarding Pay fixation on grant of Non-Functional Upgradation to the officers of Organized Group A Services
- Retirement benefits on Court Orders – CGDA Instructions
- Executive Engineers in 3rd MACP with GP 7600 not entitled for NFU: CPWD Clarification
- 7th CPC Revision of the rates of Railway Board Tenure Allowance to the Officers of Organized Group A Railway Services