Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary- Implementation of Courts Judgement
Office of the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Central Command) Cariappa Road, Cantt., Lucknow, Pin Code – 226002
No. PT/3088/CGDA/Corr Date: 04/02/2013
All Sub Offices
Sub -: Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary- Implementation of Courts Judgement.
Ref -: HQrs Office Letter No. AT/II/2366/NDA-VIII dated 01/02/2013.
The copy of HQrs Office Delhi Cantt. Letter No. cited under reference on above subjects is forwarded herewith for your information and information required as per Para 2 of MOD/D (Civ-II) U.O Note bearing NO. 17(4)/2012/D (Civ-II) dated 04.01.2013 (Copy enclosed) may please be forwarded to this office with in 5 days i.e by 08.02.2013 by Fax as the same is required to be furnished to HQrs office on TOP PRIORITY.
Controller General of Defence Accounts
ULAN BATAR ROAD, PALAM, DELHI CANTT-10
No.AT/11/2366/NDA-VIII Date 01/02/2013
The PCDA (CC)
Subject: Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary- Implementation of Courts Judgement
Copy of MoD/D (Civ-II) U.O Note bearing I.D No. 17(4)/2012/D (Civ-II) dated 04/01/2013 is forwarded herewith. The issue may be examined and information required as per para-2 of ibid U.O. may please be forwarded to his HQrs office within 10 days by Fax at 011-25675485 as the same is to be furnished to MoD on Top Priority.
Ministry of Defence
Subject: Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary – Implementation of Courts Judgements.
The issue of payment of Night Duty Allowance based on actual salary instead of notional pay of Rs.2200/- is under consideration in the Ministry consequent of Courts judgments. Hon’ble CAT jodhpur has passed the following directions in OA No 34/2008 dated 5.11.2009:
(i) The Night Duty Allowance shall be paid to the applicants and the similarly situated persons on the basis of the actual salary after taking out the pay structure determinants like HRA etc., which have no actual relation to the work performed and on the basis of this pay, thus arrived at, Night Duty Allowance is payable to the applicants.
(ii) The applicants are entitled to such arrears as is applicable to them from April 2007 on the basis of actual pay thus arrived at without any interest if the amount is calculated and arrears paid to them from six months from the date of receipt of a copy of this order and thereafter with 6% interest.
(iii) The O.A is allowed to the extent as aforesaid. No order as to costs.
2. The following information is required to be submitted to Defence (Finance) for taking a conscious decision in the matter:
(i) No. of employees eligible for getting NDA with the break-up of Industrial or Non-Industrial employees; and
(ii) The financial implication if the proposal is implemented in favour of the petitioners only and (ii) all similarly placed personnel including the petitioners.
3. It is requested that the above information may be furnished to the Ministry in time bound manner
(M S Sharma)
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary – Implementation of Courts Judgements – BPMS
- Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of actual salary of 6th CPC
- Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary
- Night Duty Allowance (NDA) – Clarification regarding Fixation of Ceiling of pay for entitlement
- 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance at revised rates to Civilian Employees – MOD
- Payment of Night Duty Allowance on actual pay, without any ceiling and should be correlated with the pay of 7th CPC
- Night Duty Allowance without any ceiling as per 7th CPC – BPMS
- 7th CPC Revision of pay and allowances and pension/ gratuity/ commutation of pension in r/o defence civilians non DAD
- Wrong Analysis and recommendations about NDA under 7th CPC report