Grant of MACP benefit to the eligible employees in the Hierarchy of promotional grade – BPMS
BHARATIYA PRATIRAKSHA MAZDOOR SANGH
(AN ALL INDIA FEDERATION OF DEFENCE WORKERS)
(AN INDUSTRIAL UNIT OF B.M.S.)
(RECOGNISED BY MINISTRY OF DEFENCE, GOVT. OF INDIA)
CENTRAL OFFICE: 2-A, NAVEEN MARKET, KANPUR – 208001, PH & FAX : (0512) 2332222
MOBILE: 09415733686, 09235729390, 09335621629, WEB : www.bpms.org.in
REF: BPMS / MACPS / 64 (7/3/M)
Govt of India, Min of Defence,
South Block, DHQ PO,
New Delhi – 110011
Subject: Grant of MACP benefit to the eligible employees in the Hierarchy of promotional grade.
With due regards, I would like to draw your kind attention on the subject wherein the issue of grant of MACP benefit in the hierarchy of promotional grade instead of hierarchy of grade pay is being demanded & discussed by this Federation at every forum.
It has now been brought to our notice that an affected employee had challenged the Government’s decision on the subject vide his O.A. No. 1038/CH/2010 in CAT Chandigarh and that the Hon’ble CAT Chandigarh vide its order dated 31.05.2011 granted the prayer of the petitioner and directed the authorities to grant MACP benefit in the hierarchy of promotional grade. Thereafter, the Union of India represented by the Secretary, DoP&T appealed to the Hon’ble High Court of Punjab and Haryana vide CWP No. 19387 of 2011. This appeal of the DoP&T was subsequently dismissed vide order dated 19.10.2011.
The Government thereafter approached the Hon’ble Supreme Court vide SLP No. 7467/2013, the Hon’ble Supreme Court dismissed the said SLP.
In view of the above, the issue now stands settled that eligible employee needs to be given MACP benefits in the promotional hierarchy only.
As such, you are requested to kindly issue necessary directives to all units under your jurisdiction to implement the same immediately.
(M. P. SINGH)
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of MACP benefit to the eligible employees in the hierarchy of promotional grade: Compliance of CAT Principal Bench Directive on 12.03.2014 in OA No. 864/2014 – BPMS
- MACP on Promotional hierarchy- DoPT ignores appeal of Ordinance Factory Board, Kolkata
- Agenda for next meeting of the Standing Committee of the National Council JCM – BPMS
- References/Representations/Court Cases in various Ministries/Departments/ Organisations for grant of MACPS benefits in the promotional hierarchy – reg.
- MACPS benefits in the promotional hierarchy – Clarification orders issued by Dopt on 17.5.2016
- MACP on Hierarchy: Supreme Court dismissed the Govt. petitions against HC Decision
- Financial upgradation in the next promotional grade Hierarchy under MACP
- Grant of MACP benefit in the promotional hierarchy – Copy of the stay order dated 08.08.2014 passed by Hon’ble Supreme Court
- Grant of MACP on Promotional Hierarchy – CAT Guwahati