Finance Ministry’s reply to Confederation Secretary General regarding grant of HRA/TA as per Census 2011
2011-CENSUS – RECLASSIFICATION OF CITIES/TOWNS GRANT OF HIGHER RATE OF HRA/TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE FINANCE MINISTRY’S REPLY TO SECRETARY GENERAL CONFEDERATION
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, 30th July 2014
The Secretary General,
Confederation of Central Govt. Employees & Workers,
1st Floor, North Avenue PO Building,
New Delhi – 110001.
Subject: Grant of HRA/Transport Allowance at enhanced rates to the Central Government employees as per Census 2011 – regarding.
I am directed to refer to your letter Ref. No.Confdn./GENL/2014 dated 28.04.2014 on the above mentioned subject and to say that consequent on the Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner publishing the Report of Census-2011, action for re-classification of cities/towns based on Census-2011 for the purpose of grant of HRA / Transport Allowance to Central Government Employees, has already been initiated in this Department.
2. However, completion of the process is likely to take time.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Confederation News – Upgradation of Cities on the basis of 2011 Census Figure – Government Reply to Confederation
- Grant of HRA at enhanced rates to the Central Government employees as per 2011 census – Confederation
- Demand to calculate House Rent Allowance based on Census 2011 should gain prominence..!
- Based on the Census of 2011 HRA and TA increased for Central Government employees from April 2014
- Revision of classification cities for the purpose of House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance to Central Government employees
- Grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees: Finmin orders
- Finance Ministry issued orders on upgradation of cities / towns on the basis of Census 2011 for the purpose of House Rent Allowance
- 7th CPC HRA : Grant of House Rent Allowance to Central Government employees on basis of Census-2011
- Revision of House Rent Allowance for CPSE employees on the basis of Census – 2011