Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Freedom Fighter Pensioners w.e.f. 01.07.2019
Government of India/ Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Home Affairs/ Grih Mantralaya
Freedom Fighters & Rehabilitation Division
2nd Floor, NDCC-11 Building,
Jai Singh Road,New Delhi – 110 001,
Dated,the 5th November, 2019.
The Pr. Chief Controller of Accounts(Home),
Ministry of Home Affairs,
MDCNS, New Delhi-110 001
Subject: Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Freedom Fighter Pensioners w.e.f. 01.07.2019 – regarding.
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No.45/08/ 2017-FF(P) dated 26.03.2019 (copy enclosed) regarding 10% Dearness Relief to be paid to the freedom fighter pensioners w .e.f. 01.01.2019 and to say that recently Dearness Relief in respect of Central Government pensioners has been enhanced by 5% by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, New Delhi’s O.M. No.42/04/ 2019-P&PW(D) dated 21.10.2019. Hence the Dearness Relief admissible to the Central Freedom Fighter/ spouse/ daughter pensioners shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 10% to 15% w .e.f. 01.07.2019. All the banks are requested to calculate the arrears w.e.f. 01.07.2019.
The payment of arrears of Dearness Relief shall not be made before the date of disbursement of pension/ family pension of October, 2019. The revised amount of pension for various categories of pensioners after increase of 5% DR i.e. total 15% Dearness Relief will be as follows
|SI No.||Category of freedom fighters||Basic amount of pension (per month)||Enhanced amount of pension after adding 15% DR (per month)|
|1.||Ex-Andaman Political prisoners/ spouses||Rs.30,000/-||Rs.34,500/-|
|2.||Freedom fighters who suffered outside British India/ spouses||Rs.28,000/-||Rs.32,200/-|
|3.||Other Freedom fighters/ spouses including INA||Rs.26,000/-||Rs.29,900/-|
|4.||Dependent parents/ eligible daughters (maximum 3 daughters|
at any point of time)
|50% of the sum that would have been admissible to the freedom fighters, i.e. in the range of Rs.13,000/- to Rs.15,000/-||50% of the sum that would have been admissible to the freedom fighters, i.e. in the range of Rs.14,950/- to|
Further, it is also clarified that as per Policy Guidelines dated 06.08.2014, TDS is not applicable in respect of Central Samman Pension.
This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Deputy Secretary to the Government India & CPIO
Tele no: 23438062
e-mail: [email protected] nic in
Related to Your Search:
- Family pension to freedom fighters
- Enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme
- Cabinet gives ex post facto approval to enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters
- Clarification on Dearness Allowance: Pension under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme, 1980 in respect of freedom fighter
- Grant of another installment of Dearness Relief to the Freedom Fighters w.e.f. 01.08.2015
- Dearness Relief wef 01-08-2013 to the freedom fighters and their eligible dependants under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension (SSSP) Scheme, 1980
- Rate of monthly pension paid by the State Government of Tamil Nadu to Freedom Fighters
- Details on Freedom Fighters Pension: Reply by Government in Lok Sabha
- Embezzelement of Funds under Central Freedom Fighter Pension