DA to West Bengal State Government Employees
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
FINANCE (AUDIT) DEPARTMENT
NABANNA, MANDIRTALA, HOWRAH-711 102
Dated, Howrah, the 14th December, 2020.
Subject: Grant of Dearness Allowance to State Government Employees and the employees of Government aided Educational Institutions, employees of Statutory Bodies, Government Undertakings, Panchayats including Panchayat Karmee, Municipal Corporations/ Municipalities, Local Bodies etc. and also Dearness Relief to the Pensioners/ Family Pensioners.
The question of grant of (i) Dearness Allowance in the revised pay structure implemented as per recommendations of the 6th Pay Commission in respect of Government employees, the teaching & non-teaching employees of Government aided Educational Institutions, employees of Statutory Bodies, Government Undertakings, Panchayats including Panchayat Karmee, Municipal Corporations/ Municipalities, Local Bodies etc. and (ii) Dearness Relief on the pension /family pension since revised as per recommendation of the said Pay Commission has been under consideration of the Government for some time past.
- After careful consideration, the Governor has been pleased to decide the following:
(i) The whole time State Government employees drawing basic pay upto Rs. 2,01,000/ shall draw Dearness Allowance @3% of basic pay w.e.f. 01.01.2021. The calculation of Dearness Allowances shall be made taking into account the revised basic pay and NPA, if any, but it shall not include any other type of pay.
(ii) The Dearness Allowance as sanctioned at (i) above in respect of State Government employees shall be admissible to the teaching and non-teaching employees of Government aided Educational Institutions, employees of Statutory Bodies, Government Undertakings, Panchayats including Panchayat Karmee, Municipal Corporations/Municipalities, Local Bodies etc. The respective Administrative Department may sanction the benefit of Dearness Allowance @3% of revised basic pay w.e.f. 01.01.2021 to the employees concerned drawing basic pay upto Rs. 2,01,000/- under their control without making any further reference to Group P2 of this Department.
- (a) The State Government Pensioners/ Family Pensioners shall draw Dearness Relief @ 3% of revised basic pension/ revised family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2021 in supersession of the rates previously allowed on the pre-revised pension/ family pension.
- (b) It will be the responsibility of the Pension Sanctioning Authority to calculate the quantum of Dearness Relief on revised Pension/revised Family Pension payable to each individual case.
- (c) For the purpose of payment of dearness relief sanctioned herein, the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal, will issue authority to the Public Sector Banks in Kolkata and the Accountant General of other States.
- (d) The Treasury or Sub-treasury Officers in this State will give effect to this para of this order without the authority of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal.
(iv) The Dearness Relief as sanctioned at (iii)(a) above for the State Government Pensioners/ Family Pensioners shall also be admissible to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners of State aided Non-Government Educational Institutions, Statutory Bodies/ Government Undertakings/ Panchayats, Municipal Corporations/Municipalities, Local Bodies etc., who are in receipt of revised Pension /revised Family Pension as per recommendations of 6th Pay Commission. The respective Administrative Department may sanction the benefit of Dearness Relief @3% of revised Pension/ revised Family Pension w.e.f. 01.01.2021 to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners concerned under their control without making any further reference to Pension Branch of this Department.
(v) The rate of Dearness Allowance in respect of the employees mentioned in para (1) above who are drawing pay in the pre-revised pay structure as per recommendation of the 5th Pay Commission shall be enhanced from 125% to 133% w.e.f. 01.01.2021.
(vi) The Dearness Allowance/ Dearness Relief sanctioned herein shall be rounded off to the nearest rupee in each case.
(vii) In the case of Public Undertakings/ Statutory Bodies, the additional expenditure for sanction of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief should be borne by such Undertakings/Bodies themselves out of their own resources or out of financial assistance provided to them in the budget and no additional financial assistance will be given to them on that account.
(viii) There will be a further ad-hoc increase in the Daily Rate of Wages by Rs. 17/- (Rupees Seventeen) only w.e.f. 01.01.2021 for the daily rated workers under the Government whose wages are not regulated by any Statutory provisions like the Minimum Wages Act, etc.
Principal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal.
Related to Your Search:
- Dearness Allowance for West Bengal Government Employees 3 percent of revised basic pay with effect from Jan 1, 2021
- Recovery/adjustment of Interim Relief paid to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners, if any,whose pension/family pension is/was determined with respect to the pay of the retired/deceased employee covered under UGC/AICTE scale
- Revision of Pension and grant of Dearness Relief to the pensioners of Statutory/Autonomous Bodies
- Grant of ex-gratia payment to the State Government Pensioners
- Grant of ex-gratia payment to the state Government Pensioners
- West Bengal declares additional holiday for “May Day”
- Payment of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the State Government employees/ pensioners/family pensioners
- Granting of Rs.1000 as Ex-Gratia to the state pensioners of West Bengal
- FAQ on Dearness Relief to Central Civil Pensioners