Grant of Child Adoption Leave of 180 days to female BSNL employees and extension of the facility of paternity Leave to adoptive fathers
Dated, the 20-03-2017
Sub: Grant of Child Adoption Leave of 180 days to female BSNL employees and extension of the facility of paternity Leave to adoptive fathers.
Leave on adoption of a child is admissible to female BSNL employee as per the provisions of Rule 43-B of CCS (Leave) Rule, 1972. As per DOPT OM No.13018/1/2009-Estt.(L) dated 22.07.2009, Child Adoption Leave to women government employees has been enhanced from 135 days to 180 days and extended the facility of Paternity Leave to adoptive fathers. Prior to DOP&T OM No.13018/1/2009-Estt.(L) dated 22.07.2009, the Child adoption leave for 135 days was admissible to the female government servants on adoption of a Child upto one year of age vide DOP&T OM No.13010/1/2004-Estt(L) 31.03.2006.
2. The case for grant of child adoption Leave of 180 days to female BSNL employees and paternity leave to BSNL male employees as per DOP&T OM dated 22.07.2009 has been examined by this office and it has been decided to make the provision of this OM dated 22.07.2009 applicable in BSNL. Accordingly, approval of the Competent Authority is, hereby, conveyed for following:-
(i) Leave of 180 days to the female BSNL employees who are adoptive mothers with fewer than two surviving Children may be granted as Child Adoption Leave on valid adoption of a child upto one year of age, on the lines of maternity leave admissible to natural mothers on the terms and conditions as laid down in DOP&T OM NO.13018/4/2004-Estt.(L) dated 31.03.2006 (Copy enclosed) and
(ii) A male employee with less than two surviving children, on valid adoption of a child below the age of one year, may be granted Paternity Leave for a period of 15 days within a period of six months from the date of valid adoption.
3. These orders shall take effect from the date of issue.
Encl: as above.
Assistant General Manager (Estt.I)
Related to Your Search:
- Paternity Leave (PL) for Railway Employees
- Paternity Leave for Child Adoption/Child Adoption Leave
- Will the 7th CPC Extend Child Care Leave for Male Employees Too?
- PATERNITY LEAVE FOR CHILD ADOPTION/CHILD ADOPTION LEAVE
- 7th Pay Commission – Recommendation for more Leave and Holidays
- Introduction of Paternity Leave System ?
- Types of Leave applicable to Central Government Employees as per Leave Rules
- Grant of maternity leave for female government servant – Clarification
- Child Care Leave to West Bengal Female Teachers at par with Central Government Employees