General Budget 2017-18 – NFIR’s proposals for consideration
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, Chemlmsford Road, New Delhi – 110 055
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
Shri Arun Jaitley,
Hon’ble Minister of Finance,
North Block, New Delhi.
Sub: General Budget 2017-18 – NFIR’s proposals for consideration
The National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (NFIR) requests the Hon’ble Finance Minister to consider its proposals listed below for inclusion in the General Budget 2017-18 to be presented in Parliament in February, 2017.
1. The Income Tax exemption limit for Central Government Employees may be raised to atleast Rupees Six Lakhs
2. The Income Tax exemption limit for senior citizens may be raised to Rs.7.5 lakhs and for those Senior Citizens above 75 years age, the exemption be allowed up to Rs.10 lakhs.
3. Transport Allowance presently paid to the Central Government Employees may be exempted from the purview of Income Tax.
4. Fixed Medical Allowance to the retired Central Government Employees may be revised to not less than Rs.2,000/- Per month.
5. Grant House Rent Allowance at the rate of 30%, 20% & 10% of 7th CPC Pay to the Central Government Employees working at Cities/Towns classified as ‘X’ ‘Y’ & ‘Z’ respectively with back date.
6. Contract Labour performing jobs of perennial nature be granted wages at par with the regular employees performing similar jobs.
7. Child Care Leave for women employees be revised upwardly.
8. Pension parity be granted all those pre 1.1.2016 Pensioners of Central Government.
Proposals – Railway Specific
9. Additional funds be allocated for augmenting Railway Training Institutes and Railway Community Halls, Recreation Clubs etc’.
10. More funds may be provided for construction of new quarters in the Railways and for maintenance of Railway colonies.
11. Training Allowance for Trainers in Railways Training Institules may be enhanced to 30% of pay in lieu of the existing 15%.
12. Separate Rest Rooms for Women Railway Employees at different locations be sanctioned to enable them to stay when they visit on railway duties.
13. Additional Road Mobile Medical Vans may be approved for providing medical treatment to the railway employees and their families living at remote places and jungle stations.
Related to Your Search:
- General Budget 2014-15: NFIR Presents list of proposals to be considered
- Finance Minister not given assurance for reviewing the retrograde recommendations of 7th CPC – NFIR
- Benefit from the Income Tax sops announced by the Government..?
- Raise Income Tax Exemption Slab to Rs. 5 Lakhs: NC JCM Staff Side
- Enhancement of Income Tax exemption limit in the case of Running Staff in Railways
- NFIR – Highly disappointing Rail Budget
- Harmonization of the cadre structure of Medical Laboratory Staff of Indian Railways with those in Central Government Hospitals
- Budget 2014 – CII suggests raising 80C deductions to Rs. 2.5 Lakhs
- Central Government is planning to raise the Income Tax exemption slab to Rs. 5 Lakhs