Govt reply on CAPF’s demands regarding One Rank One Pension and Ex-Servicemen Status
Since, Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) personnel retire only on attaining the age of 57/60 years, no further employment benefits are justifiable. The CAPF personnel are entitled for pension and other pensionary benefits as per Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972, which are different from the pension rules applicable to Ex-servicemen. Therefore, one rank–one pension is not applicable in case of CAPFs.
The Government has approved a proposal on 1.11.2012 to declare the retired Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) personnel from Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) as Ex-Central Armed Police Force personnel (Ex-CAPF personnel). The status “Ex-CAPF” is quite distinct from “Ex-Servicemen” of Defence Forces. Based on such designation of Ex-CAPF personnel, the State/UT Governments concerned can extend benefits to them similar to those being extended to the Ex-Servicemen.
The above information was submitted by MHA in reply of undermentioned Lok Sabha Question:-
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO 4608
ANSWERED ON 23.04.2013
DEMAND FROM CAPF
4608 . Shri KIRTI (JHA) AZAD
Will the Minister of HOME AFFAIRS be pleased to state:-
(a) whether the Government has received demands for employment benefits from the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) including one rank-one-pension and ex-servicemen status for its personnel etc;
(b) if so, the details thereof ; and
(c) the response of the Government thereon?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS (SHRI R.P.N. SINGH)
(a) to (c) : **see above ***
Source: Lok Sabha Q&A
Related to Your Search:
- Ex-servicemen status to retired personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
- No induction of Ex-servicemen in the Central Armed Forces (CAPF) at present
- Paramilitary Allowance/Special Pay to the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)
- Risk allowance to Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel deployed in maoist strongholds – Not any proposal under consideration
- Risk Allowance to Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme from the retired/serving personnel of CAPF
- Pension to retired personnel
- whether Government has any proposal to extend same benefits to paramilitary forces at par with army?
- ‘Shaheed’ not defined in defence or central forces: Government