NFIR Writes to PM on Minimum Wage and Multiplying Factor issues
Government’s assurance on 7th CPC issues mainly relating to Minimum Wage & Multiplying Factor – reg.
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, Chelmsford Road, New Dlehi – 110055
Shri Narendra Modiji,
Hon’ble Prime Minister of India,
Sub: Government’s assurance on 7th CPC issues mainly relating to Minimum Wage & Multiplying Factor – reg.
I seek you valuable time through this letter and place the following for kind consideration and immediate action.
The Central Government employees in general and Railway employees in particular were extremely upset over the retrograde recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission, particularly the recommendations relating to Minimum Wage and Multiplying Factor. In the wake of Indefinite Strike decision on Charter of demands of NC/JCM Constituent Organizations (Railways, Defence, Postal Confederation etc)., the Group of Ministers held meetings with JCM (Staff Side) leaders on 30th June 2016 & 06th July 2016 and consequently assurance was given that a High Level Committee will examine 7th CPC issues mainly Minimum Wage and Multiplying Factor. On this assurance, JCM Constituent organizations have deferred Strike action on 06th July, 2016.
Though a Committee was constituted under the chairmanship of Addl. Secretary (Exp), Ministry of Finance and discussions held, the response has been disappointing. The employees of Railways and other Central Government departments are greatly disappointed over non-settlement of main issues through discussions.
May I request your kind attention in the matter for implementation of assurance given by Group of Ministers for the revision of Minimum Wage & Multiplying Factor through discussions with NC/JCM (Staff Side) very early.
Related to Your Search:
- Resolve the 7th CPC related issues: Charter of demands – Deferment of Strike Action on Government’s assurance
- 7th CPC Minimum Wage and Multiplying Factor, Find a way out for resolving both the issues : Official Side
- Charter of Demands, mainly minimum wage, multiplier factor, railway specific issues etc.,
- Meeting of the Committee to examine the recommendations of 7th CPC regarding Allowances
- Letter addressed to Minister for Railways on Charter of Demands – AIRF / NFIR
- 7th CPC Report – Minimum wage and Multiplier Factor for CG Employees
- Issues arisen consequent upon 7th CPC recommendations and Government decisions
- 7th CPC Report : Revision of Minimum Wage and Multiplying Factor etc., Assurance given by Senior Ministers
- Issues discussed in the Standing Committee Meeting of NC/JCM held at Room No. 119, North Block, New Delhi on 3rd May 2017