Government to incur additional expenses due to 7th Pay Commission :
Pay and Allowances of Central Government employees will increase one lakh crore in the current financial year and also projected to increase further due to recommendations of 7th Pay Commission.
“Salary is a big question for even profit-minded private concerns. It is therefore not surprising that the employees of service-oriented Central Government departments are so obsessed about their pays and allowances. For a few central and state government organizations that rake in huge profits, salaries and allowances to their employees is no big issue.”
A report on the spending habits of the middle class was presented in the Parliament yesterday. According to the report presented by the Minister of Finance, Arun Jaitley, “the salary given to Central Government employees in the current financial year will exceed Rs.1 lakh crore.” The amount is expected to rise further after the implementation of the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission. This could lead to a financial crunch.
According to estimates, there could be an increase of 9.56 percent in the salary allocation for Central Government employees, to Rs.1 lakh 619 crores. In the Financial Year 2016-17, after the implementations of the 7th Pay Commission’s recommendations, it is very likely to increase to 15.79 percent and touch Rs.1.16 lakh crores. During the Financial Year 2017-18, it will further rise to Rs.1.28 lakh crores. Funds for pensioners will increase to Rs.88,521 crores this financial year. During the Financial Year 2016-17, it is expected to be 1.02 lakh crores. By the Financial Year 2017-18, it would be Rs.1.12 lakh crores.
7th Pay Commission is expected to submit its final report including the revised pay and pension structure for Central Government employees and pensioners to the Central Government on in the last week of September.
If everything goes as planned, the 7th Pay Commission recommendations will come into effect from 01.01.2016 onwards.
Meanwhile, there is no doubt in the fact that employees are extremely curious to find out how much their salaries would increase if the new Pay Commission recommendations are implemented.
Related to Your Search:
- Decrease in Take Home Salary from 6th to 7th Pay Commission – IRTSA
- 7th Pay Commission: How Jaitley saved Crores of Rupees this Financial year
- 7th Pay Commission Report submitted – 23.55% increase in salary Central Government Employees
- Impact of 7th Pay Commission only 25K crore and not 100K crore – Confederation
- Allowances Committee Report and Financial Expenditure
- Government expenditure on Central Government Employees and actual impact on government finances
- Bonanza for babus! 23.55% Salary hike likely for central government employees
- 7th Pay Commission report: Government set to accept all recommendations; deny retro effect
- 7th Pay Commission decoded: Know all about salary increment; past pay commissions