Government to help pensioners for getting digital life certificates
New Delhi, Apr 28 (PTI) The National Informatics Centre (NIC) in various states have been asked to provide necessary technical support for starting enrollment of pensioners for getting digital life certificate to ensure hassle free disbursal of pension.
In order to spare the pensioners from the trouble of visiting banks for submission of life certificates annually, the Centre had in November last year launched an Aadhaar-based biometric verification system ‘Jeevan Pramaan’.
The system enables pensioners to submit the digital life certificate online to pension disbursing banks.
“NIC centres across various states and districts are being directed by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology to provide necessary technical support for starting enrolment of pensioners for digital life certificate,” the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions said in an order.
In view of the immense advantages of using Aadhaar numbers, pensioners’ associations are requested to disseminate information about Jeevan Pramaan amongst pensioners.
They have also been asked to collaborate in making it a success by facilitating registration of pensioners on Jeevan Pramaan portal using Aadhaar based authentication for organising enrolment activities, the order said.
With the help of the facility, which is in addition to the other already existing methods, it is possible to submit the life certificate from personal computers, laptops or mobile phones or by visiting a conveniently located branch of any bank or a common service centre, the Ministry said.
“A pensioner or family pensioner who wants to benefit from this facility needs to obtain an Aadhaar number and get it linked to his or her Pension Payment Order (PPO) number and pension account. This will also speed up commencement of family pension in the event of death of pensioner or spouse,” it said.
There are about 55 lakh central government pensioners.
Related to Your Search:
- Special Aadhaar Enrolment drive for Pensioners, from May 30 to June 10, 2016
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners from Jeevan Pramaan website
- Enrolment for Aadhaar number and its seeding in pension records of all pensioners and family pensioners – regarding
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Pension by linking Aadhaar with Bank Accounts and PPO
- Submission of Digital Life Certificates by the pensioners from 1st October 2021 to 30th November 2021 at Jeevan Pramaan Centres DoP
- FAQ for Pensioners Regarding Digital Life Certificate (DLC)
- Jeevan Pramaan – message from Joint Secretary (Pension)
- EPFO to allow EPS pensioners to submit their Digital Pramaan Patra at any time during the year as per their convenience – PIB
- Dr Jitendra Singh directs targeted approach for Seeding of Aadhaar numbers in Pensioners Accounts