Government to destroy babus performance appraisal reports
New Delhi: The performance appraisal reports of IAS and IPS officers, who have retired two years ago, will be destroyed by the Centre.
It has asked officers of all India services – Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Forest Service (IFoS) – to make a request to the central government in case they want to have a copy of their performance reports.
Existing norms allow confidential rolls of members of all-India services to be destroyed two years after their death or retirement.
The rules also provide that Confidential Reports (CRs) or Performance Appraisal Reports (PARs) of such bureaucrats can be given to them after the normal period of retention of two years is over from the date of their retirement.
“Action is accordingly being taken for destroying such CRs/PARs,” an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) said.
Officers who wish to obtain their dossiers may send their requests to the Ministry till June 14, 2017, the order said.
Related to Your Search:
- Review of Work Performance under FR 56(j)
- Preparation and Maintenance of Annual Performance Appraisal Reports (APARs) of Non-gazetted Railway servants.
- Proper maintainance and Timely completion of Annual Performance Appraisal Reports (APAR) (formerly known as ACR)
- Performance Appraisal Report will be automatically forwarded from the evaluation year 2020-2021 – DoPT
- DoP – Dealing of APAR Representations received in SPARROW Portal
- Completion of writing of PARs of IAS officers for 2015-16 in SPARROW
- Draft CCS Performance Appraisal Report Rules, 2019 – seeking comments of Ministries / Departments
- 7th Pay Commission – Finmin: MACP on performance to be reconsidered ?
- New Performance Appraisal Proforma for IT Officials on Cards