Government sets target to add one crore more Income Tax payers this year
New Delhi: Government targets adding one crore new income tax payers in the current financial year, Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha said today.
“The government has set a target of adding one crore new Income tax payers during the financial year 2015-16. The said target has been further distributed among various field units of the Income Tax Department,” Sinha said in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
Sinha said in this financial year over 2.4 crore income tax returns have been filed till October 31, 2015.
The respective figures for 2014-15 were 3.67 crore; 3.74 crore in 2013-14 and 3.27 crore in 2012-13.
The number of income tax payers in the income bracket of Rs 1 crore and below was 2.39 crore as of October 31, 2015. For 2014-15 it was 3.66 crore; 3.73 crore in 2013-14 and 3.26 crore in 2012-13, said the minister.
“The total net direct collection in the current financial year (up to October 2015) is Rs 3.44 lakh crore showing growth of 13.20 per cent as compared to the collection made during the corresponding period of the previous financial year,” he said.
Sinha said government has taken a number of steps to expand the income tax base.
These steps include developing strategies to identify and add new taxpayers; collection of information about high value transactions; improving compliance to TDS/TCS provisions; encouraging voluntary compliance through education, camps and seminars
Related to Your Search:
- All tax payers to disclose their true income and pay appropriate taxes within the current financial year-Finance Minister
- Government urges all tax Payers to pay Appropriate taxes and to disclose their True income within the Current Financial Year…
- GST Revenue Collections for the Financial Year 2017-18
- Income Tax Refund : Interest on Income Tax refund amount due to delay
- Finance Minister conveys Government’s Appreciation to tax payers for their contribution towards Nation building
- 7th Pay Commission award to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh crore in FY 16-17
- INCOME TAX RATES FOR INDIVIDUALS AS PER STANDING COMMITTEE
- Arun Jaitley May Double Tax Exemption in Maiden Budget
- INCOME TAX TABLE: BUDGET 2017-18