Government Retires 13 Group ‘A’ Officers of Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Iofs)
The ordnance factories under the administrative control of the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence are managed by the officers of Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS), which is an organized Group ‘A’ Central Service. The Service is responsible to ensure that the ordnance factories are always geared to cater to the varied logistical needs of the Armed Forces. Indian Ordnance Factories Service provides requisite leadership to the 39 Ordnance Factories employing about 1 lakh employees.
The Government is taking various steps to improve the performance of Ordnance Factories by making its officers accountable to ensure delivery of quality products to Armed Forces of the nation in prescribed timelines.
One of the steps taken in this direction was to initiate rigorous screening of overall performance of its officers based on their entire service records in pursuance of instructions contained in the Fundamental Rule 56(j) and Rule 48(1)(b) of Central Civil Service(Pension) Rules, 1972 and prematurely retire the officers whose overall performance is not found upto the mark.
The Government, after having assessed the overall performance of officers of Indian Ordnance Factories Service, following the prescribed procedure, has decided to retire its 13 Group ‘A’ officers from Government service in public interest due to their overall unsatisfactory performance.
Related to Your Search:
- Review of Ordnance Factories
- 7th CPC: Rate of levying of Superannuation Charges for inclusion in the Production Accounts of Ordnance and Ordnance Equipment Factories
- DEFENCE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACT WORKERS COMMENCED ONE MONTH STRIKE AGAINST THE ORDNANCE FACTORIES FROM 20.08.2019
- STRIKE IN ORDNANCE FACTORIES
- Review of Work Performance under FR 56(j)
- Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)
- Corporatisation of Ordnance Factories – Still the cloud is not clear…
- No Corporatization of Ordnance Factories: Defence Minister Assured BPMS
- Latest strength of Indian Armed Forces…